News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 16:12
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Caroline Flack was remembered as a "kind and vibrant person" at the BRIT Awards on Tuesday (18.02.20)

    The 'Love Island' presenter was found dead at her London home on Saturday (15.02.20) after she tragically took her own life, aged 40, and the ceremony's host, Jack Whitehall, started the show by paying a touching tribute to Caroline, who had attended the BRITs nine years running since 2011


    The comedian said: "Over the weekend, we learnt the awful news that a member of the BRITs family, our friend, Caroline Flack, tragically passed away.

    "She was a kind and vibrant person with an infectious sense of fun, she will be sorely missed. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say our thoughts are with her friends and family."

    The late star's ex-boyfriend, Harry Styles - who she dated in 2011 - was seen wearing a black ribbon on his suit in honour of Caroline.

    The former One Direction star, 26, also gave an emotional performance of his latest single, 'Falling'.

    An inquest into Carlone's death will be opened on Wednesday (19.02.20).

    The formal investigation will open at 10am at the Poplar Coroner's Court but is likely to then be adjourned for several weeks while the coroner gathers evidence such as toxicology and post-mortem test results.

    Caroline passed away just hours after learning she would face trial for an assault following an alleged fight with her boyfriend Lewis Burton - who she was subsequently banned from seeing - in December and her management team blasted the CPS for pressing ahead with the case.

    In a statement, Francis Ridley of Money Talent Management, said: "We are devastated at the loss of our client and friend Caroline Flack. An immensely talented young woman who was at the top of her game professionally and loved by television viewers across the country. In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported. The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events. The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline. Our thoughts are with Caroline's family at this time."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     30 Nov: Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season 16:08

    Golf:
    A rusty return for golfer Ryan Fox at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 15:47

    Entertainment:
    Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival 15:38

    Politics:
    Labour plans to make it easier for doctors and nurse practitioners, to open or buy into local clinics, with low-interest loans 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban 15:08

    Cricket:
    England pace bowler Mark Wood is set to be ruled out of the second Ashes Test with a knee injury...in a massive blow to the tourists' hopes at the Gabba 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd