News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 9:30
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Simon Cowell has been hospitalised after falling off his bike

    The 60-year-old entertainment mogul was rushed to hospital on Saturday (08.08.20) when he fell from his new electric bicycle whilst taking it for a test drive at his house in Malibu, California


    Simon has suffered injuries to his back, but his representative has insisted he’s “doing fine” and is currently “under observation” from medical staff.

    The representative added to People magazine: “Simon had a fall from his bike on Saturday afternoon whilst testing his new electric bike in the courtyard at his house in Malibu with his family. He hurt his back and was taken to the hospital. He’s doing fine, he’s under observation and is in the best possible hands.”

    Despite his tumble, the ‘X Factor’ boss is otherwise fit and healthy, after he revealed he shed a whopping 60 lbs. through his new health regime, which has seen him committed to a diet of white meat, fruit, and vegetables.

    Simon began his diet last year, and said in May he can’t believe the results he’s been getting.

    He said: "I started this diet a year ago and I've lost 60 pounds."

    Simon's been sticking to his diet whilst in lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic, but says he's always tempted to slip into old habits when his six-year-old son Eric - whom he has with his girlfriend Lauren Silverman - has a pizza for dinner.

    He added: "I'm doing a bit of cooking. I'm exercising. Funny enough, more during this time as well, sticking to the diet.

    "The only difficult thing is when Eric orders a pizza ?.?.?.? that's the number one thing I miss.”

    Meanwhile, the ‘Got Talent' creator previously said he can't believe how good he looks since losing weight, as he managed to shave several inches from his waistline.

    He said in January: "The most dramatic period was the first month where most of the weight comes off and you look at yourself and think 'wow'. I used to be 36 inch waist and now I've lost four inches. I'm really happy now.

    "You can drink this light beer but you've got to be sensible about quantities. I have loads more energy and feel great.

    "All I do is avoid just red meat - white meat is fine - and I eat loads of vegetables, salads and drink this great beer. I'm on a diet but it doesn't feel like it now because the food I eat is really healthy and I don't find it tedious. If it's boring you won't stick to it."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American"
     21 Feb: Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical"
     21 Feb: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows
     21 Feb: Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations
     21 Feb: James and Kimberly Van Der Beek renewed their wedding vows days before the actor died
     21 Feb: Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future
     21 Feb: All Saints stars Natalie Appleton and Nicole Appleton have revealed the truth behind their band's feud with rival '90s girl group the Spice Girls - they secretly were all friends
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American" 9:17

    Entertainment:
    Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical" 8:47

    Soccer:
    Satisfaction for the Phoenix women after salvaging a point from their last game in football's A-League before the latest international break 8:36

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows 8:17

    International:
    Donald Trump says he's considering a limited military strike on Iran to pile on the pressure for a nuclear deal 8:16

    General:
    To the Winter Olympics in Livigno.. 8:06

    Rugby:
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics 7:56

    Law and Order:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course' 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations 7:47

    Business:
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season 7:46


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd