News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 10:56
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Duchess of Sussex has insisted the royal family shouldn't expect her to stay "silent"

    The 39-year-old former actress - who is expecting her second child, a sibling for 21-month-old Archie, with husband Prince Harry - acknowledged speaking out against "falsehoods" came with a "risk of losing things" but insisted they have already lost "a lot" anyway


    In a new preview for her and Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, the 67-year-old media mogul asked Meghan: "How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?"

    The duchess replied: "I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.

    "And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean I — there's a lot that's been lost already."

    The teaser clip for the interview - which will broadcast in the US on Sunday (07.03.21) - was released hours after Buckingham Palace announced an investigation will be launched following allegations in The Times newspaper that Meghan bullied former members of staff.

    They said in a statement: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    "Accordingly, our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

    "The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

    A spokesperson for Meghan and Harry - who stepped back as senior royals and relocated to the US last year - had earlier blasted the story as an "attack on [the duchess'] character".

    They said: "The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

    "She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    Police have named a man killed in an altercation in New Plymouth last month - as 68-year-old Martin James Mooney 10:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 10:37

    Business:
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study 10:37

    Politics:
    Powers to move homeless people on from city centres, could be confirmed by Christmas 10:27

    Auckland:
    NZ now has a narrow window to stop the Asian yellow-legged hornet – here’s how everyone can help 10:27

    National:
    Trump wants Australian data on migrant crime. This will only scapegoat vulnerable people 10:17

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 10:07

    National:
    Frida Kahlo’s record-breaking painting El Sueño positions death as a roommate 10:07

    International:
    F1 standings: Lando Norris, Max Verstappen, Oscar Piastri set for Abu Dhabi decider after Qatar GP 10:07

    Living & Travel:
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd