News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 22:18
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault lawsuit is set to be dismissed after his anonymous accuser refused to reveal his identity

    Earlier this month, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the male source known as ‘C.D’ must publicly confirm his identity in order for the case against Spacey to proceed, but on Thursday (13.05.21) lawyers for the man said he would not be revealing his name


    C.D. has accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him when he was just 14, and filed his lawsuit against the disgraced actor in September alongside fellow accuser, Anthony Rapp.

    But now, the case looks set to be dismissed after the anonymous accuser refused to comply with Kaplan’s request.

    Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, the attorneys for C.D., said in a letter obtained by CNN: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D.

    believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”

    The pair also added that the “unwanted attention” would be “simply too much for him to bear”.

    However, Judge Kaplan has claimed C.D. must identify himself because interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure”.

    The judge wrote in his ruling: "The evidence suggests that C.D.

    knowingly and repeatedly took the risk that any of these individuals at one point or another would reveal his true identity in a manner that would bring that identity to wide public attention, particularly given Spacey's celebrity. He seeks $40 million in damages. He makes serious charges and, as a result, has put his credibility in issue."

    In the original lawsuit, C.D. accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the 1980s, when the accuser was 14.

    Meanwhile, Anthony Rapp first accused Spacey, 61, of sexual assault back in October 2017, when he claimed the former ‘House of Cards’ actor had “grabbed [his] buttocks” and lifted him onto a bed whilst at a party in Spacey’s home in 1986, when Anthony was also just 14.

    Spacey issued a statement at the time saying he didn't remember the alleged incident involving Anthony, and apologised "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunk behaviour”.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 19:57

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd