News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 11:19
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Quentin Tarantino will let his son watch 'Kill Bill' when he's five years old

    The 58-year-old filmmaker would be open to letting his and wife Daniella Pick's little boy Leo, 17 months, watch his movies from a young age and things the tot would be most interested in seeing his 2003 film, which was rated R due to strong violence and sexual content


    Asked what age he'd be comfortable letting his son watch his work, he told Deadline: "That depends on his interest. If we’re judging by me, I saw a lot of stuff early on when it came out, you know, so I would imagine [early]. If I had to imagine, he would probably, as a little boy, be most attracted to Kill Bill, anywhere between five, six, or seven.

    "I saw 'Point Blank' when it came out in '68, when I was between 6 and 7. All the exalted New Hollywood movies, those were the movies I grew up watching, and that's a big part of what [my] next book's about.

    "I'm writing about some of these movies from my perspective now, but I always touch on my perspective from when I first saw them."

    The 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' director still owns the infamous 'Pussy Wagon' from 'Kill Bill' but doesn't drive it when he's out with his son because it attracts too much attention.

    He explained: "The thing about the Pussy Wagon is, whenever I drove it on the freeway, everyone recognised it’s me. Everyone recognised the Pussy Wagon. And then it would be a chain, because people would drive alongside me and try to talk to me.

    "It’s not a good ride for [my son]. It’s cool and it’s fun every once in a while, to take it out for a Sunday drive. But I wouldn’t run errands in it."

    The director has had a "wonderful year" because he got to spend so much time with his son due to the coronavirus lockdown.

    He said: "I can say very easily, this last year we had to live through the quarantine like everybody else, but aside from that, this last year was an absolutely, wonderful year.

    "Everyone got huddled in their houses for quarantine, but this was the year I intended to spend at home anyway. It’s the first year of my son’s life. I was planning on being there, all the time. And I was writing the second half of my novel.

    "Daniella created just this wonderful situation for me to be able to go every day and do my work in my office and write, and then I would take little breaks, play with Leo and give him a bath, just hang out with the joy of my little boy."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Business appears to be booming in most parts of the country More...



     Today's News

    Athletics:
    A tricky decision looms for Athletics New Zealand as to which female pole vaulters they select for the world indoor championships in Poland from March 20 to 22 11:07

    Motoring:
    Nascar driver Shane van Gisbergen has advanced up the field at the latest race in Georgia 11:07

    Auckland:
    A person whose car flipped after hitting a tree in South Auckland last Tuesday - died on Thursday 10:47

    National:
    How could Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be removed from the line of succession to the throne? 10:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to break into Trump's Mar-a-Lago 10:27

    National:
    Trump hikes global tariffs to 15% as the fallout from Supreme Court loss continues 10:27

    National:
    Gaza’s cultural sites have been decimated. UNESCO’s muted response sets a dangerous precedent 10:17

    National:
    As war in Ukraine enters a 5th year, will the ‘Putin consensus’ among Russians hold? 10:07

    International:
    Andrew's arrest leaves questions for Sarah Ferguson but daughters could be protected 10:07

    Motoring:
    Long-standing safety concerns at a busy south-west Christchurch intersection, are set to be addressed 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd