News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 10:03
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ozzy Osbourne is to undergo "major surgery"

    The 72-year-old singer will go under the knife to treat the neck and spine issues he's had since a fall in 2019 and his wife Sharon Osbourne can't wait for her spouse - who suffers from Parkinson's disease - to be mobile enough to finally get back on stage again


    She admitted: "The thing I'm most excited about is my hubby getting back on stage. That's what I pray for.

    "It was like that one after the other [with the fall then Parkinson's diagnosis] and it's like, woah, just a minute, you know?

    "It breaks your heart that he wants to get back. He misses his friends, his musicians, they're his partners. He misses that life.

    "But with his Parkinson's, he's fine. He's fine, he's got it under control."

    Sharon insisted the family have taken Ozzy's issues in their stride because she previously battled colon cancer in 2002 and underwent a double mastectomy after discovering she carried the breast cancer gene in 2012, the same year her son Jack revealed he has multiple sclerosis.

    She told DailyMailTV: "Our family have never been a family where there's been great health. I've had cancer twice, my son has [multiple sclerosis] and, this isn't a pity party, but we're kind of used to dealing with major health problems."

    And though the former 'Talk' panelist insisted they are not "do-gooders", she is happy she and her family can help others by speaking publicly about their health issues.

    She said: "We're not here as victims or do-gooders, or any of that. It's just the way we are.

    "If you get a letter, 'How did you get over your cancer?', or whatever, you pass along whatever you can pass along.

    "[Jack's] still doing his extreme sports, he produces his own tv shows, he hosts some of the shows, he leads a normal life while dealing with his medical situation."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Chris Luxon says Kiwis should continue to see interest rates fall More...



     Today's News

    Motorsports:
    A blunt assessment from McLaren driver Oscar Piastri after a team tactical error at the Qatar Formula 1 Grand Prix 9:57

    Dunedin:
    One person has died following a crash in Bucklands Crossing, north of Dunedin, on Saturday night 9:47

    Business:
    Chris Luxon says Kiwis should continue to see interest rates fall 8:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 8:47

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 8:17

    Law and Order:
    A Coroner has ruled that a woman's death while hunting in Otago two years ago, was a 'terrible accident.' 8:17

    Business:
    Christchurch police are looking at whether a spate of robberies over the past 48 hours, are linked to ram raids in the city last weekend 7:57

    Business:
    A number of farms are converting to dairy, but cow numbers still lag behind previous peaks 7:47

    Hockey:
    To hockey's Sultan Aslan Shah Cup in Malaysia 7:47

    Business:
    Business as usual is expected at Air New Zealand and Jetstar today - after warnings solar radiation could interfere with onboard computers on Airbus A320 aircraft 7:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd