News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Cardi B has been awarded $1.25 million in her federal libel lawsuit against Latasha Kebe

    The rapper sued Latasha, who is better known online as Tasha K and is the host of the YouTube channel 'UnWineWithTashaK', for making accusations about her in some of her videos, including that she took drugs, had sexually transmitted diseases and once worked as a prostitute.


    According to TMZ, Tasha has been ordered to pay Cardi $1.25 million in general damages and $250,000 medical expenses.

    A jury found Tasha liable for defamation, invasion of privacy, and causing emotional distress.

    Following the verdict, Cardi wrote on Twitter: "Why am I happy but sad at the same time?"

    She also took to her Instagram Stories to post a picture appearing to be of her late grandmother.

    A caption read: "My queen thank you for hearing my prayers... only you know those nights that I cried to you feeling hopeless and tired, even when it seems like I have the world on my hands."

    Tasha wrote on Twitter: "My Husband, Attorney's, & I fought really hard.

    I want to thank them for their long hours and sleepless nights. Winos it's only up from here. See y'all in a few days. Back to work.

    "I forgot to thank all of the viewers for all of your support. In this business, this is part of the protocol. Everyone in my seat has been through this, & this ain't the last. This comes with the territory. See y'all Friday! It's long overdue! (sic)"

    Earlier this month, Cardi broke down in tears and recalled feeling "extremely suicidal" while testifying in the libel case.

    During a Georgia court hearing, the 29-year-old star said: "I felt extremely suicidal."

    The 'Bodak Yellow' hitmaker added how she suffered from fatigue, anxiety, and migraines, and lost weight as a result.

    The 'Up' hitmaker also claimed her relationship with her husband Offset

    - with whom she has three-year-old daughter Kulture and a four-month-old son - was impacted by the videos made by Tasha over a period of 14 months.

    Cardi first took action against the vlogger in March 2019.

    Part of the lawsuit read: "While Plaintiff was pregnant, on or around April 13, 2018, Kebe published a video where Kebe stated that as a result of Plaintiff's actions, Plaintiff's then-unborn child may have intellectual disabilities."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     29 Nov: Beyoncé hit the track with Sir Lewis Hamilton for a 200mph hot lap at the 2025 Formula 1 Heineken Las Vegas Grand Prix
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07

    Basketball:
    A glass half full mindset for the Tall Blacks basketballers after letting a chance slip for a rare victory over their Australian counterparts 13:07

    Politics:
    Imran Khan's son and political allies concerned about his health amid block on prison visits 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year 12:38


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd