News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 8:58
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince William has had the most "brutal" year of his life

    The future king, 42, was left reeling when his wife Catherine, Princess of Wales, started to undergo preventative cancer treatment after she went into hospital for abdominal surgery in January, and he has now opened up about the torment he's gone through in the wake of her health fight


    Asked on his trip to South Africa how his year has been, he replied: "Honestly? It's been dreadful. It's probably been the hardest year in my life."

    He told of his trauma in an interview with UK print media in Cape Town, while in South Africa for the presentation earlier this week of his environmental Earthshot Prize.

    William added: "Trying to get through everything else and keep everything on track has been really difficult.

    "But I'm so proud of my wife, I'm proud of my father, for -handling the things that they have done. But from a personal family point of view, it's been, yeah, it's been brutal."

    Catherine revealed in a video message in March she was undergoing cancer treatment, then in September issued another video saying she had finished her chemotherapy and was taking each day as it comes.

    Catherine is now expected to attend Remembrance Sunday memorials as she slowly makes a return to public life.

    The Mail Online said she is set to attend Remembrance Sunday events this weekend after her husband Prince William said she was 'doing really well'".

    It added Caterine has "spoken with aides about staging her annual Christmas carol service in December".

    The outlet said she had held a meeting about the event with her team at Windsor Castle in September.

    William gave the rare update on his wife's health amid his four-day visit to South Africa for his environmental efforts - almost two months after she dec lared she was "cancer-free" on September 9, after completing chemotherapy treatment.

    He said of his wife: "She's doing really well thanks. And I hopefully she is watching tonight. Cheering me on.

    "She's been amazing this whole year. I know she will be really keen to see tonight be a success."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical"
     21 Feb: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows
     21 Feb: Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations
     21 Feb: James and Kimberly Van Der Beek renewed their wedding vows days before the actor died
     21 Feb: Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future
     21 Feb: All Saints stars Natalie Appleton and Nicole Appleton have revealed the truth behind their band's feud with rival '90s girl group the Spice Girls - they secretly were all friends
     20 Feb: President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical" 8:47

    Soccer:
    Satisfaction for the Phoenix women after salvaging a point from their last game in football's A-League before the latest international break 8:36

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows 8:17

    International:
    Donald Trump says he's considering a limited military strike on Iran to pile on the pressure for a nuclear deal 8:16

    General:
    To the Winter Olympics in Livigno.. 8:06

    Rugby:
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics 7:56

    Law and Order:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course' 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations 7:47

    Business:
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season 7:46

    Business:
    Paintings, sculptures and murals will be on display on Auckland's waterfront over the next month 7:36


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd