News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 18:01
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jessica Simpson "isn't worried" about life after her split from Eric Johnson

    The 44-year-old star announced on Tuesday (14.01.25) that her marriage to former NFL player Eric, 45, was over and now it has been claimed that been claimed that she has her family to "support" her throughout the divorce.


    A source told UsWeekly: "For Jessica, he is not what she needs. It's just not working and hasn't for a while. She has the best kids and they are healthy and love is there. She isn't going to worry about [what he is doing] and is doing her thing too. She has her own mind, money, and family support for whatever happens."

    The 'I Wanna Love You Forever' hitmaker - who has Maxi, 12, Ace, 11, and Birdie, five with her estranged husband - and Eric were said to have gone their separate ways some time ago.

    A source told PEOPLE: "They have been separated for a while."

    The insider added:"Jess is doing OK."

    The pair are putting all their "focus" on their brood.

    A source told E! News: "They are both great parents and the kids are 100 per cent their focus."

    The former couple have already put their Hidden Hills mansion up for sale.

    Jessica and Eric purchased the property in 2013, but decided to put it on the market for $17.9 million following their separation.

    The mansion was previously put up for sale in September 2023, with Jessica setting an asking price of $22 million.

    However, the listing was removed in August last year, when Jessica failed to find a buyer.

    In a statement confirming their breakup, Jessica said: "Eric and I have been living separately navigating a painful situation in our marriage.

    "Our children come first, and we are focusing on what is best for them. We are grateful for all of the love and support that has been coming our way, and appreciate privacy right now as we work through this as a family."

    The split comes just two years after Jessica praised her spouse for the "little things" he did to keep their romance alive.

    The pop star told 'Access' in 2023: "It's good to keep the romance there, even with three kids on top of our head. It's hard, but he'll leave me little notes, because he'll wake up earlier than me. He'll leave me little letters.

    "There's a lot of things that make me like, 'I can't wait to get my hands on him later.' I think you have to have those little things as a couple that are just between you two."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    A man has been fined 14-thousand dollars and sentenced to 180-hours community service for running an unlawful security company 17:27

    Business:
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion 17:07

    Skiing:
    An avalanche in Northern California was the worst in the US for 40 years. Here's how it unfolded 17:07

    Soccer:
    A hammer blow to the Wellington Phoenix's hopes of finally beating Auckland FC in an A-League derby 16:57

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 16:57

    Business:
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly 16:17

    National:
    Why big oil is not interested in Venezuela 16:07

    Law and Order:
    A Rotorua rest home will go to trial in October - over the death of a resident after a fire 15:27

    Law and Order:
    Christchurch Police have confirmed a gang-related altercation on Northcote's Hoani Street last night involved firearms 14:57

    Cricket:
    Former White Ferns batter Lauren Down has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket 14:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd