News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 2:52
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Katie Price is "devastated" after intruders destroyed her mansion

    The 42-year-old star wasn't home during the break-in on Sunday (05.07.20), which saw her £1.3 million Sussex property - which is currently being renovated - get ransacked and flooded by the trespassers


    As reported by The Sun newspaper, the ground floor ceiling has collapsed and caused thousands of pounds of damage to the newly refurbished kitchen.

    A source said: "Katie is devastated. She is fearful that whoever has done this has a vendetta against her and even thinks it could be linked to her standing up against social media bullying trolls.

    "This crime was committed to cause as much impact and personal upset as possible to Katie."

    A neighbour discovered the break-in during a routine sweep of the mansion and its 12 acres of land.

    Sussex Police has confirmed the incident to The Sun, but it is not known whether anything had been stolen from the property.

    A spokesman added: "On Monday morning (July 6) police received a report that sometime since the previous day a residential address at Dial Post had been entered by a person or persons unknown.

    "The property was not occupied at the time. It was not possible to establish whether anything had been stolen."

    Earlier this month, Katie spoke out to a committee of MPs in regards to the Online Harms Bill and thinks a register should be set up for those offenders who use their words to hurt people by posting negative things on the internet.

    Speaking via video link to MPs as part of the Commons Petitions Committee on her own experiences with trolling, she said: "Throughout the years I get a lot of trolling and online abuse, the difference is I'm able to speak out myself, but my son Harvey was born with disabilities, he gets a lot of racial abuse, disgusting despicable things.

    "He gets memes made about it, TikToks, posters, he gets mocked in such a serious disgusting way, there has to be some kind of justice.

    "People think it's funny to show to their friends, there is no penalty, they might get their account closed down but they open it in another name or another email address and carry on. Nothing has improved, things have got worse.

    "There needs to be fines in place, there needs to be consequences ... if there are consequences online people will be careful because there will be fines or they will be put on the register, it might not stop everything but it might make people start thinking."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Feb: President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama
     20 Feb: Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban
     20 Feb: Margot Robbie worried she was "dumb" after deciding against going to university
     20 Feb: Rose Byrne has joked she "drinks a lot of alcohol" to decompress after work
     20 Feb: Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show
     20 Feb: Tyra Banks refused to speak to Jay Manuel when he returned to America's Next Top Model
     20 Feb: Taylor Swift has thrown her support behind Team USA's figure skaters as they prepare to take to the ice at the Winter Olympics
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    High hopes for one of the Hurricanes' newest recruits More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    The Central Stags have posted a massive 211-run win over the Wellington Firebirds, to book their place against Canterbury in Sunday's one-day men's cricket final 21:57

    Entertainment:
    President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama 21:47

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban 21:17

    International:
    Donald Trump suggests decision on Iran likely within 10 to 15 days 21:17

    Golf:
    Ryan Fox is right in the mix after a fine four-under-par opening round of 67, at the latest PGA Tour event in Los Angeles 21:17

    National:
    Andrew’s arrest: will anything like this now happen in the US? Why hasn’t it so far? 21:07

    General:
    Kyra Wheatley ready to ride the chaos and speed of ski cross at Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics 21:07

    Entertainment:
    Margot Robbie worried she was "dumb" after deciding against going to university 20:47

    Entertainment:
    Rose Byrne has joked she "drinks a lot of alcohol" to decompress after work 20:17

    Entertainment:
    Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show 19:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd