News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 17:43
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Universal Music Group has cancelled its Grammy Awards after party due to the Los Angeles wildfires

    The company has announced its decision to scrap plans for "all of its Grammy-related events", with resources instead being put towards "those affected" by the fires across Southern California.


    In a statement, Universal said: "Today we have cancelled all of our Grammy-related events, including the Artist Showcase and After-Grammy Party and will redirect the resources that would have been used for those events to assist those affected by the wildfires.

    "Our deepest gratitude goes to the first responders and emergency personnel, who continue to perform heroically.

    "L.A. is home to so many of us. We are committed to helping and supporting the music community, our artists, our teams and the people of Los Angeles get through this horrific episode."

    Meanwhile, the main Grammy Awards cereony will still be going ahead at LA's Crypto.com Arena on February 2 despite fears the event would be axed following the fires, which have claimed at least 24 lives.

    Recording Academy and MusiCares CEO Harvey Mason Jr and Board of Trustees Chair Tammy Hurt have now released a statement saying it will be held as planned.

    Shared by CNN Reporter Elizabeth Wagmeister on X, it opened: "Dear Recording Academy Members, Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the devastating wildfires in Los Angeles.

    "This city is our home, and we mourn the loss of life and destruction that have come to it in recent days.

    "In response to this crisis, the Recording Academy and MusiCares launched the Los Angeles Fire Relief Effort last week with an initial $1 million donation to support music creatives and professionals."

    The ceremony will "proceed as planned" and organisers have promised "close coordination with local authorities to ensure public safety and responsible use of area resources".

    The statement added that the show "will carry a renewed sense of purpose" focused on "raising additional funds to support wildfire relief efforts and honouring the bravery and dedication of first responders who risk their lives to protect ours".

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Drawings by the late Queen Elizabeth are expected to sell for thousands at auction
     21 Feb: David Archuleta made himself homeless at the height of his fame
     21 Feb: Hart to Hart stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers recently reunited for the former's 96th birthday
     21 Feb: Prince William has opened up about the personal work he does to understand his own emotions, saying he often needs time to process how he feels
     21 Feb: Emma Heming Willis says caring for her husband Bruce Willis has made her realise how "vital" it is to concentrate on her own health
     21 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe expects Harry Potter TV series star Dominic McLaughlin to upstage him in the role
     21 Feb: Brianna "Chickenfry" Lapaglia believes Zach Bryan's new bride is a "dig" at her
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Tiaan Whelpton's made a resounding statement at the International Track Meet in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    To the women's one day cricket final at the Basin Reserve 17:27

    Entertainment:
    Drawings by the late Queen Elizabeth are expected to sell for thousands at auction 17:17

    Education:
    Students in Auckland's Northcote College will be learning remotely next week, due to a fire-damaged building needing to be cleared 16:57

    Entertainment:
    David Archuleta made himself homeless at the height of his fame 16:47

    Entertainment:
    Hart to Hart stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers recently reunited for the former's 96th birthday 16:17

    Motoring:
    A crash has blocked the Glenorchy-Queenstown Road at Mount Creighton 16:17

    International:
    The shamans and designer handbags before Yoon Suk Yeol's insurrection conviction 16:07

    Entertainment:
    Prince William has opened up about the personal work he does to understand his own emotions, saying he often needs time to process how he feels 15:47

    Rugby:
    Tiaan Whelpton's made a resounding statement at the International Track Meet in Christchurch 15:37

    Entertainment:
    Emma Heming Willis says caring for her husband Bruce Willis has made her realise how "vital" it is to concentrate on her own health 15:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd