News | Entertainment
16 Feb 2026 20:04
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Conan O'Brien's house has survived the ongoing Los Angeles wildfires

    The television host, 61, told fans during the Monday (20.01.25) episode of his 'Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend' podcast his property was not damaged despite his family being evacuated as the infernos blazed


    Conan added he was in a meeting with writers to discuss his upcoming gig as the host of the 2025 Oscars when he got a call from his wife Liza about seeing "some smoke" on the horizon.

    He said: "I remember thinking, 'Well, we've been through this before - we've been evacuated. There's also been smoke and we haven't been evacuated'.

    "It's part of life in LA, so I wasn't thinking that much about it."

    He added about how Liza called to tell him that they were evacuated: "And so I went from here to, whatever, we went to a hotel, and I went to sleep that night thinking, 'I'm pretty sure that our house will go', and it did not."

    Conan admitted the number of people he knows who did lose their homes in the blazes was "stunning".

    More than 80,000 people have been displaced as a result of the fires, including celebrities Billy Crystal, Leighton Meester and Adam Brody, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Joshua Jackson, Anna Faris, Ricki Lake, Cary Elwes, Cameron Mathison, Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag.

    Conan previously shared a photo of himself standing in front of a Redondo Beach fire truck with four firefighters on Instagram and expressed his appreciation for their work during the fires.

    He captioned the post: "Just ran into these heroes in my neighbourhood. Thank you to them and all the brave firefighters who have been working tirelessly to keep us safe."

    Celebrities including Jamie Lee Curtis have donated huge amounts of their showbiz fortunes to the wildfire recovery effort, while others such as Paris Hilton have urged people to take in stranded pets and neighbours.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     16 Feb: Ashley Roberts wrongly announced Dick Van Dyke had died instead of James Van Der Beek
     16 Feb: Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times
     16 Feb: The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance
     16 Feb: The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027
     16 Feb: 'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker
     16 Feb: Reese Witherspoon feels "devastated" by James Van Der Beek's death
     16 Feb: Stephen Graham is reportedly set to front a rebrand of Stone Island
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Ashley Roberts wrongly announced Dick Van Dyke had died instead of James Van Der Beek 19:57

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times 19:27

    General:
    How cheating allegations have rocked the curling teams at the Olympics 19:07

    Business:
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market 18:57

    Entertainment:
    The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance 18:57

    Environment:
    Almost 5-thousand households across the Wellington region remain without power 18:37

    Entertainment:
    The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027 18:27

    Entertainment:
    'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker 18:07

    Rugby:
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Reese Witherspoon feels "devastated" by James Van Der Beek's death 17:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd