News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 12:41
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Heather Locklear has insisted James Naughton did “nothing wrong” when they filmed a scene together for ‘The First Wives Club’, after she recently claimed he had “groped” her

    The 58-year-old actress had an uncredited role in the 1996 movie, and said earlier this week that one of the actors - who has since been uncovered as James Naughton - went against the script during one scene in which he was supposed to touch her breast


    Heather said the actor was only meant to put his hand on her chest, but he instead "outlined [her] areola with his finger" - something she insisted wasn't "in the script”.

    Following her comments, James hit back, sharing a page from the script that required his character to “subtly using his finger to feel [Heather’s character’s] breast”.

    His representative said: “James remembers shooting this scene as written in the script. He completely understands that Heather would have felt uncomfortable shooting this scene, as he felt uncomfortable as well.”

    And now, Heather has responded to say she didn’t mean to insinuate James had “done anything wrong”, and only meant to say she was “surprised” by the action.

    Speaking on Instagram, she said: “Oh no, I didn’t mean James Naughton did anything wrong. The script called for him to touch my breast. I was surprised that he circled my areola. We had not discussed the scene prior to filming … To be clear, I was never upset with James, just surprised. Love you James.”

    In her original comments, the 'Melrose Place' star said she refused to do a second take of the scene because she “couldn’t believe” what had happened.

    She said: "There was a couple of scenes that they cut out of me, and then the only scene that I had had no lines. One of the actors, we were at a funeral, and he was supposed to take his hand and touch my breast, and they show that.

    "It was agh - gross. So I said: 'Can you just take my name off the credits since now I don't have any lines?' So it was creditless.

    "He doesn't grab it. He actually outlines my areola with his finger. It didn't say that in the script. I was like [gasps]. I'm so glad they're following his hand down because my face, my mouth is fallen open and I can't believe it and don't do it again. One take and let's go."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    A blow for the Roosters for their NRL league season-opener away against the Warriors on March 6 12:27

    Athletics:
    Pole vaulter Imogen Ayris' continues to leap the highest in her career, this time at an indoor athletics meet in France 11:57

    Law and Order:
    What we know about ex-prince Andrew's arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office 11:57

    Rugby League:
    Super League champions Hull Kingston Rovers have held off the NRL-winning Brisbane Broncos 30-24 in league's World Club Challenge 11:57

    Golf:
    Golfer Ryan Fox is two-under par through seven holes in the opening round at the latest PGA Tour event 11:47

    Politics:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released under investigation after almost 10 hours in custody 11:27

    National:
    Why has Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor been arrested, and what legal protections do the royal family have? 11:17

    Skiing:
    Ally Hickman showed her grit at 2026 Winter Olympics after heavy fall on second run 11:07

    Business:
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices 10:47

    Business:
    Fonterra's announced an extra dividend for farmers - as it pushes ahead with the sale of its consumer arm 10:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd