News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 3:34
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Robin Williams’ son Zak has vowed to “continue to fight for what’s good in the world” in honour of his late father

    The 37-year-old actor took to social media on Tuesday (11.08.20) to honour the sixth anniversary since his father, the iconic actor Robin Williams, took his own life in August 2014 at the age of 63


    In a glowing tribute, Zak - who named his own son, McLaurin Clement Williams, after his late father, whose middle name was McLaurin - said he and many others “carry [Robin’s] spirit within their hearts”, and promised to help people “connect” with those around them.

    He wrote: "Dad, today marks six years since your passing. Your legacy lives on in your family and in those who carry your spirit within their hearts. We will continue to fight for what's good in the world, for peace, and for connecting people instead of tearing them apart. Love you so much! (sic)”

    Zak’s tribute came the day after his sister Zelda Williams insisted she wouldn’t be marking the date on social media, because comments from Robin’s fans can often leave her feeling like a "roadside memorial”.

    She explained: "Tomorrow is Dad's death anniversary. As always, I will not be here.

    "It's hard for me on regular, good days to remain the person expected to graciously accept the world's need to share their memories of him and express their condolences for his loss. As I've said in the past, while I am constantly touched by all of your boundless continued love for him, some days it can feel a bit like being seen as a roadside memorial - a place, not a person - where people drive past and leave their sentiments to then go about their days comforted their love for him was witnessed.”

    The 'Dead of Summer' actress also said the outpouring of messages from Robin's fans can leave her "emotionally buried under a pile of other's memories" instead of her own.

    She added: "Tomorrow, it is simply too much. In my stead, if you find yourself in crisis and seek out this page hoping to be close to him somehow, please, use any of the following resources if you find you need them. Whoever out there needs to hear it, please use this as your signpost in the desert. Reach out. Seek help. Keep fighting."

    Alongside her message, Zelda also included the contact information for several hotlines for suicide prevention and resources for anxiety and depression around the world.

    Last month, Zelda honoured the 'Jumanji' star - who also had son Cody, 28 - on what would have been his 69th birthday on July 21 by donating $69.69 to various local homeless shelters.

    She wrote on social media at the time: "Today would've been Dad's 69th birthday, so to honor him (& that glorious number), I will be donating $69.69 to as many local homeless shelters as I can. Join me if you like, but regardless, know I am wishing you all at least one hearty, immature belly laugh on Dad today. (sic)"

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Leslie Grossman and Sascha Penn are married
     17 Feb: Keke Palmer is "more intentional" with her work and time since becoming a mom
     17 Feb: Harry Styles learnt "how to slow down" on his career break
     17 Feb: Jelly Roll and Bunnie Xo's sex life is better now that he is not "so big"
     17 Feb: Tyler Perry broke his collarbone in a "terrible" bike fall
     17 Feb: James Van Der Beek's brother "didn't know it would hurt so badly" when he died
     17 Feb: Jennifer Aniston's 57th birthday was "even more meaningful" because she spent it with boyfriend Jim Curtis
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Irish rugby to investigate racial abuse towards Test debutant Edwin Edogbo More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealand lamb is still a premium product in the UK, 144 years since the first shipment of 5000 carcasses sailed out of Port Chalmers in 1882 More...



     Today's News

    International:
    The Missing number in the hundreds of thousands in Syria, where mass graves of torture victims are found weekly 22:07

    Entertainment:
    Leslie Grossman and Sascha Penn are married 21:57

    Politics:
    Labour's Jan Tinetti says today's employment law change is a backwards step 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Keke Palmer is "more intentional" with her work and time since becoming a mom 21:27

    Living & Travel:
    Second-placed Auckland FC look to close the gap on leaders Newcastle tonight in the A-League 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Harry Styles learnt "how to slow down" on his career break 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Jelly Roll and Bunnie Xo's sex life is better now that he is not "so big" 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Tyler Perry broke his collarbone in a "terrible" bike fall 19:57

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek's brother "didn't know it would hurt so badly" when he died 19:27

    Politics:
    The Greens say the Government's attacking workers with a major change to workplace law 18:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd