News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 6:23
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Buckingham Palace says they are "very concerned" about bullying claims made against Duchess Meghan by former staff

    A former member of staff of the Duchess of Sussex has accused the actress of "bullying" them during their time working under her and now Buckingham Palace have vowed to "look into the circumstances" presented in the recent article


    In a statement, they said: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

    Duchess Meghan has denied the allegations, admitting she was "saddened" by the claims and what she dubbed the "latest attack on her character".

    A spokesperson for her and her husband Prince Harry - who stepped down from royal life last year - said Meghan was "saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma".

    It comes after Harry admitted he worried about "history repeating itself".

    The 36-year-old prince seemingly referenced his late mother Princess Diana - who died in a Paris car crash in 1997 at the age of 36 - as he discussed how thankful he is to have Meghan by his side during some "unbelievably tough" times and admitted he "can't begin to imagine" how difficult things were for his parent, who gave up the Her Royal Highness title after divorcing Prince Charles in 1996.

    He said: "My biggest concern was history repeating itself. For me, I'm just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you with my wife by my side ... Because I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for her going through this process by herself all those years ago because it has been unbelievably tough for the two of us but at least we had each other."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Kerry Katona is thinking of moving to Dubai
     18 Feb: Barack Obama believes in aliens but did not discover any evidence of their existence during his time in the White House
     18 Feb: Nancy Cartwright doesn't think AI has enough "heart" to replace her on The Simpsons
     18 Feb: Rupert Grint found life as a new dad "isolating" and "traumatising"
     18 Feb: Wunmi Mosaku has "not been able to celebrate" her Oscar nomination
     18 Feb: The Simpsons will never have an official ending
     18 Feb: Ted Danson has revealed Cheers was almost cancelled during its first season
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Leicester Fainga'anuku's been benched for Sunday's Super Rugby clash between the Crusaders and Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Spark is satisfied with its latest financial results, despite falling short of analyst expectations in some areas More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kerry Katona is thinking of moving to Dubai 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Five fire crews are battling a house fire on Whangarei's on Morningside Road 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Barack Obama believes in aliens but did not discover any evidence of their existence during his time in the White House 21:27

    Business:
    Spark is satisfied with its latest financial results, despite falling short of analyst expectations in some areas 21:17

    International:
    Jesse Jackson helped lay the groundwork for Barack Obama and kept the fight for justice in the public eye 21:07

    Entertainment:
    Nancy Cartwright doesn't think AI has enough "heart" to replace her on The Simpsons 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Rupert Grint found life as a new dad "isolating" and "traumatising" 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Wunmi Mosaku has "not been able to celebrate" her Oscar nomination 19:57

    International:
    Equal time rule leads CBS to pull Stephen Colbert's James Talarico interview 19:37

    Entertainment:
    The Simpsons will never have an official ending 19:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd