News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 11:18
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Justin Timberlake stopped his show so a man could propose to his girlfriend

    The 43-year-old pop star is currently on the road with his 'Forget Tomorrow' world tour and on Monday (07.08.24), was at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn where he noticed a fan eager to pop the question to his significant other


    Speaking from the stage, he said: "I see a sign that says, 'May I propose to Sarah?' You ready? You got it!"

    The audience member, who turned out to be called Donald, composed himself as the crowd cheered and he got down on one knee.

    He said: "I love you, you're my best friend. Will you marry me?"

    The moment was beamed around the arena via the screens normally reserved for the main act and the audience cheered once again when Sarah accepted Donald's proposal.

    Donald placed the engagement ring on Sarah's finger and the 'Cry Me A River' hitmaker congratulaed them before going back to his setlist.

    He said: "Make some noise for Donald and Sarah! I can't top that. Alright, thank you. Have a good night everyone."

    Just three days days before that romantic moment, Justin - who has been married to '7th Heaven' actress Jessica Biel since 2012 and has Silas, nine, and Phineas, four, with her - Justin was performing in Montreal, Canada on his wedding anniversary, and made sure to pay tribute to his wife, who was in the audience.

    He said: "My wife is here tonight. And tonight is our 12-year anniversary. So, be nice to her, Montreal, because she's sharing me with all of you guys tonight. I love you, baby.."

    Jessica previously noted that finding a balance between family life and work life was a "work in progress" for everyone when Justin was on the road and they had to rely on Zoom and Facetime to keep in touch.

    Speaking on ABC's 'The View', she explained: "It's always a work in progress, right? It's constantly trying to find the balance, trying to find the time we can connect. Thank goodness for Zoom and Facetime. For parents who are gone a lot, that has been really helpful. Just finding the time we can connect and see each other in person or get him with the kids.

    "We've never done this before with two, I'm exhausted. There's been four shows. I don't know how he's gonna do it or how we're gonna do it but we're gonna get through it, somehow, some way!"

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Business appears to be booming in most parts of the country More...



     Today's News

    Athletics:
    A tricky decision looms for Athletics New Zealand as to which female pole vaulters they select for the world indoor championships in Poland from March 20 to 22 11:07

    Motoring:
    Nascar driver Shane van Gisbergen has advanced up the field at the latest race in Georgia 11:07

    Auckland:
    A person whose car flipped after hitting a tree in South Auckland last Tuesday - died on Thursday 10:47

    National:
    How could Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be removed from the line of succession to the throne? 10:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to break into Trump's Mar-a-Lago 10:27

    National:
    Trump hikes global tariffs to 15% as the fallout from Supreme Court loss continues 10:27

    National:
    Gaza’s cultural sites have been decimated. UNESCO’s muted response sets a dangerous precedent 10:17

    National:
    As war in Ukraine enters a 5th year, will the ‘Putin consensus’ among Russians hold? 10:07

    International:
    Andrew's arrest leaves questions for Sarah Ferguson but daughters could be protected 10:07

    Motoring:
    Long-standing safety concerns at a busy south-west Christchurch intersection, are set to be addressed 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd