News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 15:25
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Netflix bosses are said to have been sent on scramble for a new venue to host its star-studded BAFTA after-party for the likes of Timothée Chalamet after a blaze engulfed celebrity hotspot the Chiltern Firehouse in London

    Netflix's plan for a bash at the nightspot this weekend was thrown into chaos when the inferno erupted on Friday (14.02.25) night, with the flames reportedly starting in a pizza oven - forcing the evacuation of more than 100 guests and caused significant damage to the historic venue


    The streaming giant is said to have intended to host its lavish post-awards celebration at the Firehouse, with a guest list expected to include American A-listers such as Timothée, 29, Selena Gomez, 32, and Zoe Saldana, 46.

    Celebrities including Demi Moore and Lily Collins were also due to stay at the Firehouse.

    Netflix had reportedly planned to host a BAFTAs afterparty at the Firehouse on Sunday.

    The venue, beloved by Hollywood celebs when they are in London, has previously entertained the likes of Taylor Swift, Tom Cruise, Madonna, and Leonardo DiCaprio since its opening in 2013.

    In response to the unexpected closure, Netflix is said to have urgently secured The Twenty Two hotel in Mayfair as an alternative venue for its afterparty.

    The Twenty Two, located in Grosvenor Square, is noted for its luxury accommodation.

    Authorities are still probing the cause of the blaze at the Firehouse.

    Its owner André Balazs expressed his gratitude for the swift response of the emergency services to the Friday night blaze, saying: "It is with heartfelt gratitude and appreciation that we watched a remarkable 140 firefighters from over 20 stations rapidly descend on what they told me was a hugely sentimental building for so many of them."

    He added the venue would be closed until further notice.

    The BAFTA Film Awards ceremony is being held at the Royal Festival Hall in London, with this year's nominations are led by the papal thriller 'Conclave', starring Ralph Fiennes, followed closely by the Spanish-language musical 'Emilia Pérez' and the post-war epic 'The Brutalist'.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Feb: David Archuleta didn't think he "deserved" fame and success because of his struggles with his sexuality
     20 Feb: Savannah Guthrie's family members have been "cleared as possible suspects" in the disappearance of her mom Nancy
     20 Feb: Jada Pinkett Smith has asked a court to dismiss a $3 million lawsuit filed by her husband Will's former friend
     20 Feb: Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple Martin has denied she was expelled from school for being a bully
     20 Feb: Meaghan Oppenheimer has revealed Tell Me Lies is ending at the "perfect" time
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    All Blacks flanker Du'Plessis Kirifi has reported he's not far away from a return to the Super Rugby Pacific picture, but is warning his teammates not to take Moana Pasifika lightly tonight More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery 15:17

    Entertainment:
    David Archuleta didn't think he "deserved" fame and success because of his struggles with his sexuality 15:17

    International:
    Donald Trump hosts first 'Board of Peace' meeting with new pledges for Gaza 15:07

    Motoring:
    Supercars driver Ryan Wood is aware of the risks that accompany being a tough competitor ahead of the season-opener in Sydney today 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Savannah Guthrie's family members have been "cleared as possible suspects" in the disappearance of her mom Nancy 14:47

    Law and Order:
    What we know about ex-prince Andrew's arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office 14:37

    Education:
    Indra Brown's Winter Olympics medal contention doesn't remove the reality of school homework 14:27

    National:
    SpaceX rocket left behind a plume of chemical pollution as it burnt up in the atmosphere 14:17

    Entertainment:
    Jada Pinkett Smith has asked a court to dismiss a $3 million lawsuit filed by her husband Will's former friend 14:17

    Rugby:
    All Blacks flanker Du'Plessis Kirifi has reported he's not far away from a return to the Super Rugby Pacific picture, but is warning his teammates not to take Moana Pasifika lightly tonight 14:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd