News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 13:51
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Christina Ricci’s estranged husband James Heerdegen has filed for a restraining order against her, just days after she was granted one against him

    The 40-year-old actress filed for and received a restraining order against James – whom she split from last July – earlier this week, after she accused him of being physically abusive toward her for seven years


    And in response, James has now filed documents to get his own restraining order placed against Christina, claiming she is also abusive, and has problems with alcohol.

    According to the Daily Mail newspaper, James alleged in his filing that the ‘Addams Family’ star would get into drunken rages in front of himself and their six-year-old son Freddie, and claimed she would have no idea what happened when she sobered up.

    However, Christina’s attorney, Samantha Spector, has already branded the allegations as a “transparently abusive attempt to silence” the actress.

    In a statement to Page Six, Samantha said: “This filing is nothing more than a transparently abusive attempt to silence my client. It will not work. Christina will not be intimidated by Mr. Heerdegen and his barrage of misleading claims – and she remains determined to protect her family.”

    As per Christina’s restraining order, James must stay at least 200 yards away from her, their son, and their family dog.

    Christina claimed she was subjected to “severe physical and emotional abuse” by James with “many of these acts of abuse” taking place in front of their son.

    The actress stated the alleged abuse began in 2013 when she found out she was pregnant and she claimed James has also threatened to "kill" her on multiple occasions.

    She wrote in a declaration: "I began to feel extremely isolated."

    She also recalled a family vacation to New Zealand where her spouse "said something that made me think" he "could kill me."

    She wrote: "He said the only way he could feel sorry for me is if I were dismembered into small pieces.

    "That night I hid all the knives in the cabin where we were staying. I feared for my life and the life of our son. I slept in a separate bedroom with Freddie, and I locked the door."

    Christina and James tied the knot in 2013, but split in July 2020 following an alleged domestic battery incident.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Sir Ian McKellen admits he "accepted that I'm not immortal" since his 2024 fall
     18 Feb: Barack Obama has condemned a racist video circulated by President Donald Trump, calling the incident a disturbing reflection of today's political climate
     18 Feb: Ed Sheeran has revealed the reason he ditched his mobile phone - and how the experience inspired his song
     18 Feb: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex amped up the Valentine's Day magic by sharing an adorable snap of Prince Harry scooping up their daughter, Princess Lilibet, as he clutched a bunch of balloons
     18 Feb: Hilary Duff helped two fans pull off the ultimate engagement moment during her Las Vegas show on Friday night (13.02.26)
     18 Feb: Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler
     18 Feb: Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Don't expect an All Blacks coaching announcement imminently More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    An improving financial situation for one of our largest companies, Fletcher Building More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Sir Ian McKellen admits he "accepted that I'm not immortal" since his 2024 fall 13:27

    Law and Order:
    A young driver accused stealing a car and colliding with other vehicles in Christchurch is appearing in Youth Court today 13:27

    International:
    Iran announces temporary closure of Strait of Hormuz during US nuclear talks 13:07

    Cricket:
    Uncertainty over whether changes to the domestic T20 competition would stop top players from joining overseas leagues 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Barack Obama has condemned a racist video circulated by President Donald Trump, calling the incident a disturbing reflection of today's political climate 12:57

    International:
    Former NASA engineer warns about heat shield on Artemis II moon mission 12:47

    Rugby:
    Don't expect an All Blacks coaching announcement imminently 12:37

    Entertainment:
    Ed Sheeran has revealed the reason he ditched his mobile phone - and how the experience inspired his song 12:27

    Business:
    An improving financial situation for one of our largest companies, Fletcher Building 12:27

    Entertainment:
    Meghan, Duchess of Sussex amped up the Valentine's Day magic by sharing an adorable snap of Prince Harry scooping up their daughter, Princess Lilibet, as he clutched a bunch of balloons 11:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd