News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 12:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Quentin Tarantino will let his son watch 'Kill Bill' when he's five years old

    The 58-year-old filmmaker would be open to letting his and wife Daniella Pick's little boy Leo, 17 months, watch his movies from a young age and things the tot would be most interested in seeing his 2003 film, which was rated R due to strong violence and sexual content


    Asked what age he'd be comfortable letting his son watch his work, he told Deadline: "That depends on his interest. If we’re judging by me, I saw a lot of stuff early on when it came out, you know, so I would imagine [early]. If I had to imagine, he would probably, as a little boy, be most attracted to Kill Bill, anywhere between five, six, or seven.

    "I saw 'Point Blank' when it came out in '68, when I was between 6 and 7. All the exalted New Hollywood movies, those were the movies I grew up watching, and that's a big part of what [my] next book's about.

    "I'm writing about some of these movies from my perspective now, but I always touch on my perspective from when I first saw them."

    The 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' director still owns the infamous 'Pussy Wagon' from 'Kill Bill' but doesn't drive it when he's out with his son because it attracts too much attention.

    He explained: "The thing about the Pussy Wagon is, whenever I drove it on the freeway, everyone recognised it’s me. Everyone recognised the Pussy Wagon. And then it would be a chain, because people would drive alongside me and try to talk to me.

    "It’s not a good ride for [my son]. It’s cool and it’s fun every once in a while, to take it out for a Sunday drive. But I wouldn’t run errands in it."

    The director has had a "wonderful year" because he got to spend so much time with his son due to the coronavirus lockdown.

    He said: "I can say very easily, this last year we had to live through the quarantine like everybody else, but aside from that, this last year was an absolutely, wonderful year.

    "Everyone got huddled in their houses for quarantine, but this was the year I intended to spend at home anyway. It’s the first year of my son’s life. I was planning on being there, all the time. And I was writing the second half of my novel.

    "Daniella created just this wonderful situation for me to be able to go every day and do my work in my office and write, and then I would take little breaks, play with Leo and give him a bath, just hang out with the joy of my little boy."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Rumer Willis has claimed she works four jobs to provide for her little girl
     21 Feb: Shia LaBeouf has been accused of assaulting two men in a bar fight
     21 Feb: James Van Der Beek is unlikely to have had a "piece of the profit" from Dawson's Creek
     21 Feb: Gina Carano is set to face Ronda Rousey in a mixed martial arts fight
     21 Feb: Miley Cyrus feels "very proud" of Hannah Montana
     21 Feb: Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American"
     21 Feb: Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    Spinner Adam Zampa's rejecting any suggestion the Australia men's cricket team don't value the T20 format of the game 11:56

    Entertainment:
    Rumer Willis has claimed she works four jobs to provide for her little girl 11:47

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Lindsey Vonn goes 'bionic' as the curling war of words continues — day 14 quick hits 11:26

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been accused of assaulting two men in a bar fight 11:17

    Law and Order:
    Four teenagers have been charged by New South Wales Police over the drive-by shooting of former NRL player Matt Utai in Sydney 11:06

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek is unlikely to have had a "piece of the profit" from Dawson's Creek 10:47

    Law and Order:
    Auckland Council says current dog control laws are reactive - not preventative 10:46

    Business:
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover 10:26

    Entertainment:
    Gina Carano is set to face Ronda Rousey in a mixed martial arts fight 10:17

    Golf:
    To the Riviera Country Club in Los Angeles and golf's PGA Tour 10:16


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd