News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 16:36
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Liam Payne's "very dear friend" has insisted he didn't abandon the late star in the hours leading up to his death

    The One Direction singer passed away last month after falling from his hotel balcony and now Rogelio Nores, who is known as Roger, has told how he saw him less than an hour before his fatal fall as he dismissed claims police had raided his Buenos Aires home in connection to the tragedy


    Roger told MailOnline: "I never abandoned Liam, I went to his hotel three times that day and left 40 minutes before this happened.

    "There were over 15 people at the hotel lobby chatting and joking with him when I left.

    "I could have never imagined something like this would happen.

    "I've given my statement to the prosecutor on October 17 as a witness and I haven't spoken to any police officer or prosecutor ever since.

    "I wasn't Liam's manager he was just my very dear friend and please refer to the email I sent to Liam and his team on August 23.

    "I'm really heart-broken with this tragedy, and I've been missing my friend every day."

    Roger's statement came after police placed three people, a "friend" of the 'Strip That Down' hitmaker and two hotel employees, under official suspicion over Liam's death.

    They have been arrested in relation to "abandonment of a person followed by death, supply and facilitation of narcotics", a statement from the office of prosecutor Andres Esteban Madrea confirmed.

    It added: "Liam Payne was not fully conscious or was experiencing a state of noticeable decrease or loss of consciousness at the time of the fall."

    The statement also said one of the accused "accompanied the artist on a daily basis" while he was staying in Argentina.

    A hotel employee is also accused of supplying Liam with cocaine twice while he stayed at the hotel, the statement said.

    And third person is accused of supplying drugs to the singer twice during his stay on October 14.

    The prosecutor's office added it had heard a string of testimonies and analysed hundreds of hours of CCTV footage in connection with the investigation.

    And they said a "forensic extraction" had been carried out on Liam's mobile phone, which involved trawls of his calls, messages and social media accounts.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     30 Nov: Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Health & Safety:
    Health New Zealand has confirmed one new cases of measles - taking the total to 22 nationwide 16:17

    Entertainment:
    Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season 16:08

    Golf:
    A rusty return for golfer Ryan Fox at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 15:47

    Entertainment:
    Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival 15:38

    Politics:
    Labour plans to make it easier for doctors and nurse practitioners, to open or buy into local clinics, with low-interest loans 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban 15:08

    Cricket:
    England pace bowler Mark Wood is set to be ruled out of the second Ashes Test with a knee injury...in a massive blow to the tourists' hopes at the Gabba 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd