News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 11:26
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jennifer Aniston says the delayed 'Friends' reunion special will be "even more exciting", after it was delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic

    All six cast members - also David Schwimmer (Ross Geller), Matt LeBlanc (Joey Tribbiani), Courtney Cox (Monica Geller), Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing) and Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffay) - are set to take part in the one-off special for HBO Max, which will finally go ahead in a couple of weeks


    And the Rachel Green actress has admitted that whilst she feels a "glass half-full" about filming being pushed back due to the ongoing threat of the deadly virus, having more time to work on the show will enable it to be "more fun".

    Speaking to Deadline, she said: “Unfortunately it’s very sad that we had to move it again.

    “It was, ‘How do we do this with live audiences?’ This is not a safe time. Period. That’s the bottom line. It’s not a safe time to do it.”

    She added: “It’s going to be super. You know what? This has also given us more time to make it even more exciting and more fun than it would have been. So I choose to see it as the glass is half-full that it got postponed.

    “Look, we’re not going anywhere. You’re never going to get rid of 'Friends', sorry. You’re stuck with us for life guys.”

    When the cast do get into the studio to film the special - which will see them return to the original set to reminisce on their time on the show - it was reported that they will have to take a coronavirus test and "quarantine" themselves to make sure they're not carrying the virus.

    A source previously said: "Everyone is really hoping production and filming can resume next month.

    "It's full steam ahead right now, but there are going to be very strict guidelines and that includes no live audiences. That's a big blow because bosses were desperate to create an authentic atmosphere.

    "All of the cast will be tested for Covid-19, and asked to quarantine in isolation after they've had the tests.”

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler
     18 Feb: Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left
     18 Feb: Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie
     18 Feb: Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation
     18 Feb: James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death
     18 Feb: Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer
     18 Feb: Harry Styles "felt very alone" the first few times he performed on stage without One Direction
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    England coach Steve Borthwick's responded to their Six Nations rugby defeat to Scotland by making three changes to his run-on side for Sunday's match with Ireland at Dublin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A sharp rise in food inflation could unfortunately be out of our control More...



     Today's News

    National:
    Make Japan strong again: Sanae Takaichi’s plan to transform her country’s military 11:17

    Hockey:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Jürgen Klopp makes Milano Cortina Games cameo, ice hockey fight ban labelled a 'joke' — quick hits from day 11 11:17

    Soccer:
    Second half drama in the Champions League football clash between Benfica and Real Madrid in Lisbon 11:07

    Entertainment:
    Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler 10:57

    Environment:
    Dozens of Canterbury kids spent a night hunkering down in Banks Peninsula - which was cut off by yesterday's torrential rain 10:47

    Law and Order:
    A man's been arrested - after allegedly attempting to break through the cordon at the Mount Maunganui landslide 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left 10:27

    International:
    Former NASA engineer warns about heat shield on Artemis II moon mission 10:27

    Law and Order:
    Canterbury Police are investigating after a man reportedly exposed himself indecently in Rolleston - and may have done so more than once 10:27

    Politics:
    NZ is slowly slipping on the global corruption index. Is is time for an anti-corruption agency? 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd