News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 2:14
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Harry reportedly wrote a “deeply personal” note to his father, Prince Charles, before Prince Philip’s funeral

    The 36-year-old royal returned to the UK for the funeral of his grandfather – who passed away aged 99 on April 9 – after moving to California with his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and their 23-month-old son Archie following their decision to step down as senior royals last year


    And whilst back in the UK, it has been reported Harry wrote a letter to his father to fully explain his reasons for leaving, especially after he and Meghan gave a tell-all interview to Oprah Winfrey last month in which Harry admitted he had barely spoken to his father since the heir to the throned “stopped taking” his calls.

    Sources close to the Duke of Sussex have told the Daily Mirror newspaper that Harry "outlined his reasons for leaving" in his letter to Charles, and promised to "respect the institution".

    The insider added: “Truth be told, Harry didn’t really know what to expect before he came home, which is why he reached out before seeing everyone.

    “He wrote a deeply personal note to his dad to try and set things straight but tensions are still running high and things haven’t exactly ironed out the way he had hoped.

    “There had been a kind of unspoken agreement between everyone to park whatever has been on each person’s mind, and solely concentrate on supporting the Queen ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral.

    “The feeling inside the camp was that it wasn’t the time nor the place to go over things, especially at such an emotional time for everybody involved.”

    The news comes after Harry and his older brother, Prince William, shared a private chat as they walked together following Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday (17.04.21).

    The siblings hadn’t seen each other in person for several months after Harry moved to the US with Meghan – who is currently expecting the pair’s second child – but seemed to put rumours of a rift to bed when they were spotted chatting as they walked up Chapel Hill in the grounds of Windsor Castle, accompanied by the Duchess of Cambridge.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 19:57

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd