News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 11:35
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    DaBaby has had battery charges against him dismissed

    The 29-year-old rapper - whose real name is Jonathan Kirk - had been accused of attacking a driver in Las Vegas in November 2020 but the misdemeanour battery charge has now been dismissed with prejudice, meaning the case against him cannot be refiled


    The Clark County District Attorney's Office told TMZ the charges were dismissed because DaBaby complied with everything prosecutors had asked him to do to resolve the case, including staying out of trouble and paying the alleged victim $7,500.

    The 'Rockstar' hitmaker's lawyers had previously branded the allegations - which emerged months after the incident was claimed to have occurred - "an attempted money grab".

    His attorney, Drew Findling, previously said: "A 100% false accusation which suspiciously pops up in February regarding an alleged incident in November. We can smell another attempted money grab."

    The driver claimed he had picked up DaBaby and some friends in his Mercedes Sprinter van in November and after a few stops, the group lit a joint, only to be told it wasn't allowed.

    It was then alleged the 'Suge' rapper and his pals threatened the driver and when they stopped at the Hard Rock Hotel and were told to pay, DaBaby punched him in the back of the head and said: "You ain't the boss."

    Law enforcement sources also claimed one of the suspects said: "You're lucky you're not in my city because I would have killed you cracker motherf*****."

    The group got their bags from the vehicle and one allegedly said they would have "left [the driver] dead on the road" as they exited the van.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Satellite imaging is now vital for disaster management. But there are dangerous gaps in our systems More...



     Today's News

    Auckland:
    A person whose car flipped after hitting a tree in South Auckland last Tuesday - died on Thursday 11:17

    Business:
    Satellite imaging is now vital for disaster management. But there are dangerous gaps in our systems 11:17

    International:
    Micro-interventions to reduce stress in your day 11:17

    Athletics:
    A tricky decision looms for Athletics New Zealand as to which female pole vaulters they select for the world indoor championships in Poland from March 20 to 22 11:07

    Motoring:
    Nascar driver Shane van Gisbergen has advanced up the field at the latest race in Georgia 11:07

    National:
    How could Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be removed from the line of succession to the throne? 10:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to break into Trump's Mar-a-Lago 10:27

    National:
    Trump hikes global tariffs to 15% as the fallout from Supreme Court loss continues 10:27

    National:
    Gaza’s cultural sites have been decimated. UNESCO’s muted response sets a dangerous precedent 10:17

    National:
    As war in Ukraine enters a 5th year, will the ‘Putin consensus’ among Russians hold? 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd