News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 15:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Christina Ricci’s estranged husband James Heerdegen has filed for a restraining order against her, just days after she was granted one against him

    The 40-year-old actress filed for and received a restraining order against James – whom she split from last July – earlier this week, after she accused him of being physically abusive toward her for seven years


    And in response, James has now filed documents to get his own restraining order placed against Christina, claiming she is also abusive, and has problems with alcohol.

    According to the Daily Mail newspaper, James alleged in his filing that the ‘Addams Family’ star would get into drunken rages in front of himself and their six-year-old son Freddie, and claimed she would have no idea what happened when she sobered up.

    However, Christina’s attorney, Samantha Spector, has already branded the allegations as a “transparently abusive attempt to silence” the actress.

    In a statement to Page Six, Samantha said: “This filing is nothing more than a transparently abusive attempt to silence my client. It will not work. Christina will not be intimidated by Mr. Heerdegen and his barrage of misleading claims – and she remains determined to protect her family.”

    As per Christina’s restraining order, James must stay at least 200 yards away from her, their son, and their family dog.

    Christina claimed she was subjected to “severe physical and emotional abuse” by James with “many of these acts of abuse” taking place in front of their son.

    The actress stated the alleged abuse began in 2013 when she found out she was pregnant and she claimed James has also threatened to "kill" her on multiple occasions.

    She wrote in a declaration: "I began to feel extremely isolated."

    She also recalled a family vacation to New Zealand where her spouse "said something that made me think" he "could kill me."

    She wrote: "He said the only way he could feel sorry for me is if I were dismembered into small pieces.

    "That night I hid all the knives in the cabin where we were staying. I feared for my life and the life of our son. I slept in a separate bedroom with Freddie, and I locked the door."

    Christina and James tied the knot in 2013, but split in July 2020 following an alleged domestic battery incident.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Paris Hilton's animals are teaching her kids to become loving and caring people
     29 Nov: Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    About 90 Jetstar flights disrupted due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 15:17

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton's animals are teaching her kids to become loving and caring people 15:08

    Motorsports:
    A disastrous qualifying session has hindered title contender Chaz Mostert dearly ahead of today's second race at the grand final event in Adelaide 14:57

    Golf:
    The third round of the Australian PGA Championship has been suspended in Brisbane due to storm activity and lightning in the area 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad 14:38

    Environment:
    South-East Asia flood deaths rise as Cyclone Ditwah hits Sri Lanka, heads towards southern India 14:17

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd