News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 17:48
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Dr. Dre has been ordered to pay his ex-wife nearly $300,000 a month in spousal support

    The former couple - who have two adult children together - had been locked in a battle over finances since going their separate ways in June 2020 and now a Los Angeles Superior Court judge has issued a temporary order that requires the 56-year-old producer to pay Nicole Young $293,306 every month


    Court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com: “[Dre] is ordered to pay to the [Nicole] spousal support in the sum of $293,306.00 per month, payable on the first of each month, commencing August 1, 2021.

    Dre must pay a total of $3,519,672 per year until Nicole remarries or “enters into a new domestic partnership.”

    The judge's decision - which includes the fact Dre must pay for Nicole's health insurance - is only temporary until a final decision is made.

    The pair were dec lared "officially divorced" last month but they are still battling it out over the validity of a pre-nuptial agreement.

    Dre is insisting the prenup stands, but Nicole claims the hip hop icon said he wouldn't enforce it and wants it to be dec lared invalid.

    The 51-year-old former lawyer previously claimed the 'I Need a Doctor' hitmaker - whose real name is Andre Young - tore up multiple copies of the prenup after they married because he regretted "pressuring" her to sign it.

    But Dre has denied pressuring Nicole to sign, or ever tearing up the document, and pointed out a clause within the agreement that stated any alterations must be in writing.

    He is said to have wanted to remove the case from the court system and have a private judge handle their divorce, so it could be done out of the spotlight, but Nicole reportedly rejected the request.

    In April, Dre was ordered by a court to pay $500,000 to Nicole's divorce lawyers.

    She had asked Los Angeles Judge Michael Powell to force Dre to fork out $2 million per month in spousal support and $5 million for her attorney fees.

    But, during a hearing, the Superior Court Judge ordered Dre to pay her lawyers $500,000 within 10 days.

    In January, Dre agreed to pay Nicole $2 million in spousal support, which was to cover the period up until April 14.

    Nicole had been asking for more than $2 million a month, but Dre's lawyer previously told the court her client has been voluntarily paying all her expenses since they split.

    She also sought $5 million in attorney's fees but her estranged husband said he has already paid close to $1 million voluntarily, even though the divorce documents weren't even filed until June last year.

    Dre has denied Nicole's allegations of emotional and physical abuse.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Gordon Ramsay has insisted Victoria Beckham did not behave "inappropriately" at her son's wedding
     17 Feb: Halle Berry "never thought she'd get married again"
     17 Feb: Brooks Nader was "chasing perfection" during her teenage years
     17 Feb: Part star, part supporting actor, Robert Duvall lit up 1970s American cinema – and kept going
     17 Feb: Rupert Grint has been able to "pick and choose" his roles thanks to the success of Harry Potter
     17 Feb: James Van Der Beek's family have thanked fans for their recent show of support
     17 Feb: Megan Thee Stallion feels "comfy" with Klay Thompson
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Irish rugby to investigate racial abuse towards Test debutant Edwin Edogbo More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealand lamb is still a premium product in the UK, 144 years since the first shipment of 5000 carcasses sailed out of Port Chalmers in 1882 More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    The Black Caps don't believe the loss to South Africa will derail their T20 World Cup campaign 17:27

    Entertainment:
    Gordon Ramsay has insisted Victoria Beckham did not behave "inappropriately" at her son's wedding 17:27

    Politics:
    Parliament's approving major changes to employment law 16:57

    Entertainment:
    Halle Berry "never thought she'd get married again" 16:57

    Business:
    New Zealand lamb is still a premium product in the UK, 144 years since the first shipment of 5000 carcasses sailed out of Port Chalmers in 1882 16:47

    Entertainment:
    Brooks Nader was "chasing perfection" during her teenage years 16:27

    Business:
    The Finance Minister's accusing Labour of scraping the barrel with its questions in Parliament 16:17

    Rugby League:
    Three Breakers players have been nominated for awards in the Australian basketball league gongs 16:07

    Entertainment:
    Part star, part supporting actor, Robert Duvall lit up 1970s American cinema – and kept going 16:07

    Law and Order:
    Louvre tour guides accused of orchestrating $16m ticket fraud ring over a decade 16:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd