News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 8:19
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Mark Hoppus plans to release a memoir next year

    The 52-year-old musician - who is the co-founder of the rock band Blink-182 - has announced via social media that 'Fahrenheit-182' will be released on April 8, 2025.


    Mark wrote on Instagram: "I wrote a book! And it's terrific. Fahrenheit-182 is out April 8, 2025. Pre-order now fahrenheit182.com (sic)"

    A blurb from HarperCollins, the book's publisher, reads: "A memoir that paints a vivid picture of what it was like to grow up in the 1980s as a latchkey kid hooked on punk rock, skateboards, and MTV; Mark Hoppus shares how he came of age and forms one of the biggest bands of his generation.

    "Threaded through with the very human story of a constant battle with anxiety and Mark's public battle and triumph over cancer, 'Fahrenheit-182' is a delight for fans and also a funny, smart, and relatable memoir for anyone who has wanted to quit but kept going."

    Mark was diagnosed with lymphoma in April 2021, but the musician announced later that year that he was cancer-free after undergoing chemotherapy.

    Mark then announced plans to write a memoir in 2022.

    He told The Hollywood Reporter at the time: "I started writing a book, actually, earlier this year. I'm not that far into it yet but I'm writing a book about my life and experience in Blink and what I've gone through over the past year or so."

    Despite this, Mark was still trying to secure a deal with a publisher for the memoir.

    The 'All the Small Things' hitmaker said: "We're finalising the deal and I'm really happy with the way that's coming together. I'm excited to tell my story."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth
     17 Feb: Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95
     17 Feb: John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist"
     17 Feb: Margaret Qualley has described Jack Antonoff as her "person" in a rare comment about their marriage
     17 Feb: Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged
     16 Feb: Steven Spielberg has donated $25,000 to help James Van Der Beek's family
     16 Feb: Michelle Obama got 10 new ear piercings in one sitting
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come More...



     Today's News

    National:
    Play reduces stress and lifts wellbeing – and adults benefit as much as children do 8:07

    Environment:
    The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth 7:57

    Health & Safety:
    Fears that alcohol ads are influencing how children think about alcohol 7:57

    Business:
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come 7:57

    Entertainment:
    Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95 7:57

    International:
    How to decide what type of car insurance is best for you 7:37

    Law and Order:
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed 7:37

    Entertainment:
    John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist" 7:27

    Environment:
    Thousands of Wellingtonians could be without power until Wednesday 7:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd