News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:43
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Queen and Adam Lambert are set to open the BBC's Platinum Party At The Palace concert

    In honour of Queen Elizabeth's 70-year reign on the British throne, the Platinum Jubilee concert will see Brian May, Roger Taylor and Adam Lambert perform at Buckingham Palace on June 4


    The performance comes 20 years after guitar god Brian, 74, performed 'God Save the Queen' from the rooftop of the same royal residence for the British monarch's Golden Jubilee in 2002.

    The 'We Are The Champions' hitmaker said: "Twenty years after playing the Queen's glorious golden jubilee, we're very happy to be invited again. Then there was a moment when I wondered ... after Buckingham Palace roof, where can you go? Well ... you will see."

    Diana Ross was reported to have joined the bill and that's now confirmed.

    The Motown legend said: "I have had the honour of meeting the Queen many times throughout my life, including when I was with my family.

    "Her Majesty has and continues to be such an incredible inspiration to so many across the world and I was absolutely delighted to receive an invitation to perform on such a momentous and historic occasion."

    Other performers confirmed for the star-studded concert include the UK's 'Eurovision' finalist Sam Ryder, Duran Duran, Bond theme composer Hans Zimmer, Alicia Keys, Nile Rodgers and Andrea Bocelli.

    Plus, Ella Eyre, Craig David, Mabel, Elbow and George Ezra.

    Sir Elton John has pre-recorded a performance for the special event.

    With a duration of two-and-a-half hours, there will also be special appearances from the likes of Sir David Attenborough, Dame Julie Andrews, Stephen Fry, tennis ace Emma Raducanu and football legend David Beckham.

    The Royal Ballet and 'Britain's Got Talent' dance troupe Diversity are also on the bill.

    The event - which will be watched by 22,000 live - will take viewers and attendees on a journey through fashion, sport, the environment, pop music and musicals over the past seven decades.

    Andrew Lloyd Webber has curated the musicals segment and 'Hamilton' creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, and the casts of 'The Phantom of the Opera', 'Six', 'The Lion King' and 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' will be featured.

    Broadcast on BBC One and Player and the entire BBC Network, Kirsty Young and Roman Kemp will head up the coverage.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad 14:38

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 14:26

    Environment:
    South-East Asia flood deaths rise as Cyclone Ditwah hits Sri Lanka, heads towards southern India 14:17

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd