News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 14:43
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs has asked a judge to stop potential witnesses speaking out about the allegations against him

    The 54-year-old rapper - who was arrested in September over charges of sex trafficking, racketeering, and transportation to engage in prostitution, and is also facing a number of civil lawsuits - and his legal team filed a motion on Sunday (03.11.24) asking the court to expedite the process of responding to the request to restrict statements made outside of court, citing one potential witness in particular


    According to TMZ, a man named Courtney Burgess has given multiple interviews in recent days, including speaking to them with his lawyer, Ariel Mitchell, on Thursday (31.10.24), and the 'I'll Be Missing You' hitmaker insisted his statements have been untrue and defamatory.

    Ariel told TMZ Courtney had been called to testify because he has, or has seen, salacious videos of the disgraced music mogul and his celebrity friends but Combs' lawyers specifically cited information in articles from another outlet that erroneously stated the rapper's so-called 'Freak Offs' involved "men" and "parties".

    According to the legal documents, the government has been investigating the rapper for almost a year and know the alleged Freak Offs didn't involve men, minors, or parties, and by not treating such claims as an "extortion scam", online conspiracies are being further fuelled and the lawyers argued it is growing impossible for their client to receive a fair trial as a result.

    Combs has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing since he was arrested on a federal indictment in September.

    He is being held without bail after pleading not guilty.

    And a few weeks ago, he insisted the "truth will prevail" after six new civil lawsuits were filed, with four including male accusers and one alleged victim stating he was 16 years old when he was invited to one of Combs' parties in 1998.

    In a statement, the musician's lawyers said: "The press conference and 1-800 number that preceded today's barrage of filings were clear attempts to garner publicity.

    "Mr Combs and his legal team have full confidence in the facts, their legal defenses, and the integrity of the judicial process.

    "In court, the truth will prevail: that Mr Combs has never sexually assaulted anyone - adult or minor, man or woman."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     30 Nov: Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit"
     30 Nov: Ted Danson had a near-death experience from glitter on the set of A Man on the Inside
     30 Nov: Beverly D'Angelo may have had a "bigger acting career" if she had focused less on her children when she had them aged 49
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47

    Entertainment:
    Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002 13:38

    Living & Travel:
    Surfers set to pay to ride Fiji's world-class breaks after repeal of surf access law 13:27

    Accident and Emergency:
    Police have paused a search off the Kapiti Coast, for a missing kayaker 13:27

    Entertainment:
    Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies 13:08

    Law and Order:
    A man's been arrested after a gun shot was allegedly let off yesterday, near a popular Thames swimming hole 13:07

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 12:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd