News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 9:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Universal Music Group has cancelled its Grammy Awards after party due to the Los Angeles wildfires

    The company has announced its decision to scrap plans for "all of its Grammy-related events", with resources instead being put towards "those affected" by the fires across Southern California.


    In a statement, Universal said: "Today we have cancelled all of our Grammy-related events, including the Artist Showcase and After-Grammy Party and will redirect the resources that would have been used for those events to assist those affected by the wildfires.

    "Our deepest gratitude goes to the first responders and emergency personnel, who continue to perform heroically.

    "L.A. is home to so many of us. We are committed to helping and supporting the music community, our artists, our teams and the people of Los Angeles get through this horrific episode."

    Meanwhile, the main Grammy Awards cereony will still be going ahead at LA's Crypto.com Arena on February 2 despite fears the event would be axed following the fires, which have claimed at least 24 lives.

    Recording Academy and MusiCares CEO Harvey Mason Jr and Board of Trustees Chair Tammy Hurt have now released a statement saying it will be held as planned.

    Shared by CNN Reporter Elizabeth Wagmeister on X, it opened: "Dear Recording Academy Members, Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the devastating wildfires in Los Angeles.

    "This city is our home, and we mourn the loss of life and destruction that have come to it in recent days.

    "In response to this crisis, the Recording Academy and MusiCares launched the Los Angeles Fire Relief Effort last week with an initial $1 million donation to support music creatives and professionals."

    The ceremony will "proceed as planned" and organisers have promised "close coordination with local authorities to ensure public safety and responsible use of area resources".

    The statement added that the show "will carry a renewed sense of purpose" focused on "raising additional funds to support wildfire relief efforts and honouring the bravery and dedication of first responders who risk their lives to protect ours".

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Peter Andre won't be spending Valentine's Day with his wife Emily
     17 Feb: Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95
     17 Feb: Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation
     17 Feb: Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth
     17 Feb: John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist"
     17 Feb: Margaret Qualley has described Jack Antonoff as her "person" in a rare comment about their marriage
     17 Feb: Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Peter Andre won't be spending Valentine's Day with his wife Emily 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation 8:27

    National:
    Play reduces stress and lifts wellbeing – and adults benefit as much as children do 8:07

    Environment:
    The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth 7:57

    Health & Safety:
    Fears that alcohol ads are influencing how children think about alcohol 7:57

    Business:
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come 7:57

    International:
    How to decide what type of car insurance is best for you 7:37

    Law and Order:
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed 7:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd