News | Law and Order
18 Feb 2026 1:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Law and Order

    Frustration from victims of car break-ins in the capital, who feel police aren't interested

    Frustration from victims of car break-ins in the capital, who feel police aren't interested


    At least 10 people have posted online about their cars being broken into over the past fortnight, around Tasman Street, the Basin Reserve and a Willis Street car park.

    Wellington Acting Inspector Warwick McKee says police take car thefts seriously, but aren't aware of an increase in such crime.

    Beau Rebel had his car broken into at the Marksman Motor Inn near the Basin Reserve on January 7.

    He asked police to obtain CCTV footage, but didn't hear anything back for eight days, by which time the footage had been deleted.

    He's had to try to track down his belongings himself online.

    © 2026 Newstalk ZB, NZCity

     Other Law and Order News
     17 Feb: A significant amount of silver and gold's been stolen from a West Auckland home
     17 Feb: Louvre tour guides accused of orchestrating $16m ticket fraud ring over a decade
     17 Feb: Police say there is no risk to the public after a dog's killed a person at a home in Kaihu - in Northland - late this morning
     17 Feb: Police have uncovered a cache of drugs, after pulling over a suspicious vehicle on Auckland's Hibiscus Coast
     17 Feb: Three people ended up in Dunedin hospital on Saturday - in varying states of consciousness, hit in the head by thrown objects at a party on Castle Street
     17 Feb: A jury's heard grisly details about the death and dismemberment of a Christchurch man - whose remains were found in the boot of his own car
     17 Feb: A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Irish rugby to investigate racial abuse towards Test debutant Edwin Edogbo More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealand lamb is still a premium product in the UK, 144 years since the first shipment of 5000 carcasses sailed out of Port Chalmers in 1882 More...



     Today's News

    International:
    The Missing number in the hundreds of thousands in Syria, where mass graves of torture victims are found weekly 22:07

    Entertainment:
    Leslie Grossman and Sascha Penn are married 21:57

    Politics:
    Labour's Jan Tinetti says today's employment law change is a backwards step 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Keke Palmer is "more intentional" with her work and time since becoming a mom 21:27

    Living & Travel:
    Second-placed Auckland FC look to close the gap on leaders Newcastle tonight in the A-League 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Harry Styles learnt "how to slow down" on his career break 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Jelly Roll and Bunnie Xo's sex life is better now that he is not "so big" 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Tyler Perry broke his collarbone in a "terrible" bike fall 19:57

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek's brother "didn't know it would hurt so badly" when he died 19:27

    Politics:
    The Greens say the Government's attacking workers with a major change to workplace law 18:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd