News | Entertainment
16 Feb 2026 19:44
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    BAFTA bosses have put a "ring of steel" around this year's ceremony after a social media prankster managed to get on stage last year

    Show bosses are taking no chances at the EE Film BAFTAs ceremony, which will take place on Sunday (16.02.25) evening at London's Festival Hall and have added "extra security guards and checks for all the guests"


    A source told The Sun newspaper's Bizarre column: "The Baftas are taking no risks after last year and security at tomorrow's event has never been tighter.

    "Everyone going in and out of Festival Hall will be checked and there are more security guards on call.

    "It'll basically be the safest place to be in London because of the amount of eyes on it.

    "Security is upped by the stage too and with all the checks, no one who isn't officially invited won't be getting in. They are taking no chances."

    Last year, the prankster made his way to the stage alongside Sir Christopher Nolan and Cillian Murphy as they collected the Best Picture award for 'Oppenheimer'.

    A spokesperson for BAFTA said at the time: "A social media prankster was removed by security last night after joining the winners of the final award on stage.

    "We are taking this very seriously, and don't wish to grant him any publicity by commenting further."

    David Tennant is returning to host the awards.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     16 Feb: Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times
     16 Feb: The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance
     16 Feb: The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027
     16 Feb: 'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker
     16 Feb: Reese Witherspoon feels "devastated" by James Van Der Beek's death
     16 Feb: Stephen Graham is reportedly set to front a rebrand of Stone Island
     16 Feb: Sydney Sweeney has "always been tapped into fashion"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times 19:27

    General:
    How cheating allegations have rocked the curling teams at the Olympics 19:07

    Business:
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market 18:57

    Entertainment:
    The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance 18:57

    Environment:
    Almost 5-thousand households across the Wellington region remain without power 18:37

    Entertainment:
    The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027 18:27

    Entertainment:
    'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker 18:07

    Rugby:
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Reese Witherspoon feels "devastated" by James Van Der Beek's death 17:57

    Rugby League:
    NRL boss Andrew Abdo believes the change in State of Origin eligibility rules will help modernise rugby league 17:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd