News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 17:48
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Prince and Princess of Wales did not attend the 2025 British Academy Film Awards as they were on holiday

    William, 42, and Catherine, 43, have been regulars at the ceremony over the years, but this year they skipped the event at London's Royal Festival Hall on Sunday (16.02.25) as they were vacationing on the private Caribbean island of Mustique


    They arrived on Mustique with their children - Prince George, 11, Princess Charlotte, 9, and six-year-old Prince Louis - on Thursday 13 February, and didn't return for the 2025 BAFTAs despite William's role as president of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.

    Instead, the royal participated in the awards via a pre-recorded video message.

    It marks the second family vacation for the royals this year, following a ski trip to the Alps in January.

    In 2023, both William and Kate attended the BAFTAs together, while in 2024, William appeared solo due to Kate's health issues as she was having preventative cancer treatment.

    In January 2024, Kensington Palace announced Catherine had undergone a planned abdominal surgery at the London Clinic for an undisclosed medical condition.

    Following the surgery, she postponed all public engagements.

    On March 22, 2024, Catherine revealed on a video message post-operative tests had confirmed a cancer diagnosis, and she had been undergoing chemotherapy since late February.

    Throughout her treatment, the royal made limited public appearances.

    She returned to public duties at the Trooping the Colour in June 2024, stating in a letter she was still undergoing treatment.

    In September 2024, she announced the completion of her chemotherapy and expressed her intention to resume engagements in the coming months.

    By January this year, during a visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital, where she had received treatment, Catherine disclosed her cancer was in remission.

    Insiders say the royal couple's decision to prioritise family time during the children's school half-term break during the BAFTAs reflects their commitment to balancing royal duties with personal well-being.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Drawings by the late Queen Elizabeth are expected to sell for thousands at auction
     21 Feb: David Archuleta made himself homeless at the height of his fame
     21 Feb: Hart to Hart stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers recently reunited for the former's 96th birthday
     21 Feb: Prince William has opened up about the personal work he does to understand his own emotions, saying he often needs time to process how he feels
     21 Feb: Emma Heming Willis says caring for her husband Bruce Willis has made her realise how "vital" it is to concentrate on her own health
     21 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe expects Harry Potter TV series star Dominic McLaughlin to upstage him in the role
     21 Feb: Brianna "Chickenfry" Lapaglia believes Zach Bryan's new bride is a "dig" at her
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Tiaan Whelpton's made a resounding statement at the International Track Meet in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    To the women's one day cricket final at the Basin Reserve 17:27

    Entertainment:
    Drawings by the late Queen Elizabeth are expected to sell for thousands at auction 17:17

    Education:
    Students in Auckland's Northcote College will be learning remotely next week, due to a fire-damaged building needing to be cleared 16:57

    Entertainment:
    David Archuleta made himself homeless at the height of his fame 16:47

    Entertainment:
    Hart to Hart stars Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers recently reunited for the former's 96th birthday 16:17

    Motoring:
    A crash has blocked the Glenorchy-Queenstown Road at Mount Creighton 16:17

    International:
    The shamans and designer handbags before Yoon Suk Yeol's insurrection conviction 16:07

    Entertainment:
    Prince William has opened up about the personal work he does to understand his own emotions, saying he often needs time to process how he feels 15:47

    Rugby:
    Tiaan Whelpton's made a resounding statement at the International Track Meet in Christchurch 15:37

    Entertainment:
    Emma Heming Willis says caring for her husband Bruce Willis has made her realise how "vital" it is to concentrate on her own health 15:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd