News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 20:51
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Maluma stopped his concert to reprimand a fan who had brought along a baby

    The 31-year-old singer was performing in Mexico City over the weekend when he noticed an infant in the audience without ear protection, prompting him to accuse the tot's mom of treating her child "like they're a toy" and insisting he would never take his daughter Paris, 17 months, to a concert at such a young age


    In a video shared on X and translated from Spanish by Variety, the Colombian performer said: "With all due respect... how old are they? A year old? Less? A year.

    "Do you think it's a good idea to bring a one-year-old baby to a concert where the decibels are this f****** high?"

    "Where is the sound this loud? That baby doesn't even know what it's doing here.

    "Next time, protect their ears or something. For real. It's heavy. It's your responsibility.

    "You're waving them around like they're a toy. That baby doesn't want to be there, for real. I'm telling you with all love and respect, now that I'm a father... would never bring them to a concert.

    "For the next time, be a bit more aware."

    The Sobrio singer - whose real name is Juan Luis Londoño Arias - previously spoke of how much he loves the way his life has changed sine girlfriend Susana Gomez gave birth to their daughter.

    He told Allure last year: "Everything changed. And I love it.

    "Now, I wake up every day with the desire to conquer the world. I know I have to f****** kill it."

    And Maluma has vowed to set the best example possible to his little girl.

    He said: "For Paris, nothing is impossible. You have to lead by example.

    "I go to bed every night that I can at 9 and wake up at 5:30 to hit the gym because I want to be healthy. You want to live forever for your kids. I want to make her proud."

    The 'Hawái ' hitmaker also noted that while the "essence" of his image of a bad boy on stage still remains, he is "more mature" since becoming a dad and is managing to find the balance between his public persona and family life, even though it can be "difficult" at times.

    He said: "It's still the same essence, but more mature I would say, and more chill. I'm just vibing. I'm having fun being with my family, but I'm also having fun being onstage. I'm doing things that I love, and finally, I feel like I'm on the right path. It's difficult to find that balance, but I'm there. I'm there and working for it."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17

    Rugby:
    Damning claims from a former Welsh rugby international about New Zealand Rugby Players Association boss Rob Nichol 16:07

    Rugby:
    22-year-old hooker Jack Taylor is hoping to replicate Southland rugby greats of years gone by when they tackle Waikato in their Ranfurly Shield NPC contest in Hamilton this afternoon 15:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd