News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 8:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays

    The 56-year-old rap mogul is serving 50 months behind bars after being convicted on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution and it was previously revealed he is scheduled for release on June 4, 2028 after the date was pushed back by four weeks, but King, 27, is convinced his dad will be home very "soon".


    King told TMZ.com: "He's gonna be on the way home ... He's doing good, everything is good. He'll be home soon."

    When asked if the shamed hip-hop mogul might get a pardon from the US government, King replied: "We'll see. Fingers crossed."

    King was also asked how the family is doing as they prepare for the holiday season without the star, and he said: "Watch out, he might come home before then."

    It comes after a representative for the shamed star insisted Combs is taking his sobriety "seriously" during his stint behind bars.

    The spokesperson dismissed claims Combs had been caught drinking homemade alcohol behind bars - insisting his client is focusing on remaining clean and sober.

    The representative told PEOPLE: "There have been several false and reckless reports circulating about Mr. Combs. He has not violated any prison rules. His sobriety and self-discipline are priorities, and he is taking them seriously.

    "This is only his first week at FCI Fort Dix, and unfortunately, rumors will surface throughout his time there. We ask the public and the press to give him the benefit of the doubt, the privacy to focus on his personal growth, and the grace to move forward in peace."

    A statement denying the booze rumours was also posted on Combs' X account. It reads: "The rumors claiming Mr. Combs was caught with alcohol are completely false. His only focus is becoming the best version of himself and returning to his family."

    Combs was transferred from Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York City to FCI Fort Dix in New Jersey on October 30. FCI Fort Dix is a low security facility and said to have better conditions than MDC Brooklyn, where Combs had been behind bars since his arrest on various sex crime charges in September 2024.

    His legal team had requested he be moved to the facility in New Jersey because of its access to drug rehabilitation schemes.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     30 Nov: Matt Smith went to eight Oasis shows over the summer
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Chris Luxon says Kiwis should continue to see interest rates fall More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    Chris Luxon says Kiwis should continue to see interest rates fall 8:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 8:47

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 8:17

    Law and Order:
    A Coroner has ruled that a woman's death while hunting in Otago two years ago, was a 'terrible accident.' 8:17

    Motorsports:
    A McLaren tactical error has cost Lando Norris the chance to secure the Formula One championship with a race to spare 8:07

    Business:
    Christchurch police are looking at whether a spate of robberies over the past 48 hours, are linked to ram raids in the city last weekend 7:57

    Business:
    A number of farms are converting to dairy, but cow numbers still lag behind previous peaks 7:47

    Hockey:
    To hockey's Sultan Aslan Shah Cup in Malaysia 7:47

    Business:
    Business as usual is expected at Air New Zealand and Jetstar today - after warnings solar radiation could interfere with onboard computers on Airbus A320 aircraft 7:37

    Politics:
    Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu formally asks to be pardoned from corruption charges 7:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd