News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:48
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A new series of 'Ted Lasso' has been commissioned

    Apple TV+'s hit sports comedy-drama - which follows the story of an American football coach (Jason Sudeikis) hired to manage the fictional UK football team AFC Richmond - is set to return with a fourth season


    Sudeikis, who also serves as ex ecutive producer of the multi-Emmy winning global phenomenon, said: "As we all continue to live in a world where so many factors have conditioned us to 'look before we leap', in season four, the folks at AFC Richmond learn to leap before they look, discovering that wherever they land, it's exactly where they're meant to be."

    Although a release date is yet to be confirmed, the streaming service is "thrilled" 'Ted Lasso' is coming back.

    Matt Cherniss, head of programming for Apple TV+, said: "'Ted Lasso' has been nothing short of a juggernaut, inspiring a passionate fanbase all over the world, and delivering endless joy and laughter, all while spreading kindness, compassion and unwavering belief.

    "Everyone at Apple is thrilled to be continuing our collaboration with Jason and the brilliant creative minds behind this show."

    The series was developed by Sudeikis, Bill Lawrence, Joe Kelly, and Brendan Hunt - who also plays AFC Richmond's assistant coach Coach Beard - and is based on the preexisting format and characters from NBC Sports.

    The programme also stars the likes of Hannah Waddingham, who plays Rebecca Welton, the owner of AFC Richmond, and Brett Goldstein, the club's manager Roy Kent.

    It also features Nick Mohammed, who plays Nathan "Nate" Shelley, who went from AFC Richmond's kit carrier to assistant coach before turning into an antagonist, as well as West Ham United's head coach and manager - roles he later quit.

    Before the series four announcement, Mohammed teased that "something was brewing".

    He told Heat magazine: "I've had texts and little phone chats ...

    "Of course, if I was asked to be a part of it, I would obviously say yes, but I would be nervous about going over the same old ground with Nate's storyline because he went on a real journey across the three seasons."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Derek Hough is experiencing a wave of emotions ahead of becoming a dad 14:38

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 14:26

    Environment:
    South-East Asia flood deaths rise as Cyclone Ditwah hits Sri Lanka, heads towards southern India 14:17

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd