News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:20
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Candace Cameron Bure "prays" for self control to prevent her hitting out at online trolls

    The Fuller House star has learned it isn't worth trying to "fight back" on the Internet so has taken a new approach to public feuds and instead lets "God fight [her] battles a lot online".


    Speaking on the Stay True podcast, she said: "I usually don't fight back in the comments because nothing really comes from it. I feel like when you fight back in the comments, it becomes defensive. I feel like the more people defend themselves, the less integrity it holds.

    "God fight my battles a lot online."

    The 49-year-old actress noted it takes a lot of "self control" not to respond.

    She said: "You're like, 'God, I just have to let that go 'cause I'm not gonna please everybody, and just help me walk my walk that is honoring and pleasing to you as best as I can. Help me learn and discern.' That's the biggest thing.

    "I pray the Holy Spirit gives me self-control everyday, especially in those situations, 'cause it feels brutal because you can't win.

    "You can't please both sides-you just can't. So there has to be a point in your life where you just let it go."

    Noting her new approach requires "a lot of patience" and "grace for people", Candace is also thankful her loyal fans will always show their support.

    She added: "I also let the other people who are genuine fans fight my battles for me too.

    "Because sometimes they come in, they're like, 'She doesn't do that. That's not what she meant by that.'"

    Candace joked some of her online rows were "not a feud on my end" and often "just weird."

    Although she didn't specify what she was talking about, the former child star - who has Natasha, 27, Lev, 25, and Maksim, 23, with husband Valeri Bure - has previously had issues with her Full House co-star Jodie Sweetin over their conflicting views on the LGBTQ+ community.

    However, earlier this year, Jodie, 43, insisted there wasn't a real feud between them.

    She said on The Vault with Monica and Amir podcast: "We've always been very different on those things. I think it was just, now all of that sort of comes to the surface."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Environment:
    South-East Asia flood deaths rise as Cyclone Ditwah hits Sri Lanka, heads towards southern India 14:17

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd