News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 17:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs' was arrested and taken into federal custody on Monday

    The 54-year-old rapper, who is under federal investigation and is facing several sexual abuse and trafficking allegations, all of which he has denied, was detained at New York's Park Hyatt hotel but the charges are not known at this time.


    Damian Williams, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York, stated they are "based on a sealed indictment".

    Diddy's lawyer said they are "disappointed" and insisted that his client might be an "imperfect person" but is "not a criminal".

    His attorney Marc Agnifilo told TMZ. "We are disappointed with the decision to pursue what we believe is an unjust prosecution of Mr. Combs by the U.S. Attorney's Office. Sean 'Diddy' Combs is a music icon, self-made entrepreneur, loving family man, and proven philanthropist who has spent the last 30 years building an empire, adoring his children, and working to uplift the Black community.

    "He is an imperfect person but is not criminal. To his credit Mr. Combs has been nothing but cooperative with this investigation and he voluntarily relocated to New York last week in anticipation of these charges. Please reserve your judgment until you have all the facts. These are the acts of an innocent man with nothing to hide, and he looks forward to clearing his name in court."

    Last week, Diddy faced yet another lawsuit after Danity Kane's Dawn Richard who claimed he sexually abused her.

    The star alleged she and her Diddy-Dirty Money bandmate Kalenna Harper were threatened by the rap mogul after witnessing him abuse his then-girlfriend Cassie Ventura, but she has disputed the claims.

    Kalenna told TMZ she wasn't aware of "any behaviour that could be considered abusive or unlawful" while working with Bad Boy Records founder.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    A man has been fined 14-thousand dollars and sentenced to 180-hours community service for running an unlawful security company 17:27

    Business:
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion 17:07

    Skiing:
    An avalanche in Northern California was the worst in the US for 40 years. Here's how it unfolded 17:07

    Soccer:
    A hammer blow to the Wellington Phoenix's hopes of finally beating Auckland FC in an A-League derby 16:57

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 16:57

    Business:
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly 16:17

    National:
    Why big oil is not interested in Venezuela 16:07

    Law and Order:
    A Rotorua rest home will go to trial in October - over the death of a resident after a fire 15:27

    Law and Order:
    Christchurch Police have confirmed a gang-related altercation on Northcote's Hoani Street last night involved firearms 14:57

    Cricket:
    Former White Ferns batter Lauren Down has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket 14:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd