News | Accident and Emergency
18 Feb 2026 9:31
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Accident and Emergency

    Police are continuing to look into the death of a man in central Auckland a week ago

    Police are continuing to look into the death of a man in central Auckland a week ago


    Officers were called to a commercial property on Boston Road in Grafton last Monday afternoon, where they told an agitated man to move on.

    They say they're still trying to figure out what happened next, but it appears he fell and suffered a serious head injury, and died later in hospital.

    Jacqui Dillon from Auckland City Mission says the man had been at the Mission's food distribution and support centre, and was known to use their services.

    The Independent Police Conduct Authority has been informed and a critical incident investigation is now underway.

    © 2026 Newstalk ZB, NZCity

     Other Accident and Emergency News
     18 Feb: The Christchurch Mayor hopes Banks Peninsula's State Highway 75 will reopen this morning
     18 Feb: The Missing number in the hundreds of thousands in Syria, where mass graves of torture victims are found weekly
     17 Feb: Police say there is no risk to the public after a dog's killed a person at a home in Kaihu - in Northland - late this morning
     17 Feb: Three people ended up in Dunedin hospital on Saturday - in varying states of consciousness, hit in the head by thrown objects at a party on Castle Street
     17 Feb: A person's died in hospital following critical injuries obtained in a two vehicle crash in West Auckland late last night
     17 Feb: The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island
     17 Feb: Thousands of Wellingtonians could be without power until Wednesday
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    England coach Steve Borthwick's responded to their Six Nations rugby defeat to Scotland by making three changes to his run-on side for Sunday's match with Ireland at Dublin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A sharp rise in food inflation could unfortunately be out of our control More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer 8:27

    National:
    Intermittent fasting doesn’t have an edge for weight loss, but might still work for some 8:27

    National:
    What northern NZ’s wet and sticky summer reveals about our warming atmosphere 8:17

    Politics:
    A new iron treatment is on the way for people who've experienced serious reactions to treatment in the past 8:17

    Environment:
    The Christchurch Mayor hopes Banks Peninsula's State Highway 75 will reopen this morning 8:07

    National:
    How Jesse Jackson was shaped by Southern segregation - and went on to reshape American political life 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Harry Styles "felt very alone" the first few times he performed on stage without One Direction 7:57

    Politics:
    Parliament's intervening - after the High Court ruled against the Ministry of Social Development requesting welfare repayments from those receiving back-dated ACC support 7:57

    International:
    Former NASA engineer warns about heat shield on Artemis II moon mission 7:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd