News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 15:05
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Caroline Flack was remembered as a "kind and vibrant person" at the BRIT Awards on Tuesday (18.02.20)

    The 'Love Island' presenter was found dead at her London home on Saturday (15.02.20) after she tragically took her own life, aged 40, and the ceremony's host, Jack Whitehall, started the show by paying a touching tribute to Caroline, who had attended the BRITs nine years running since 2011


    The comedian said: "Over the weekend, we learnt the awful news that a member of the BRITs family, our friend, Caroline Flack, tragically passed away.

    "She was a kind and vibrant person with an infectious sense of fun, she will be sorely missed. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say our thoughts are with her friends and family."

    The late star's ex-boyfriend, Harry Styles - who she dated in 2011 - was seen wearing a black ribbon on his suit in honour of Caroline.

    The former One Direction star, 26, also gave an emotional performance of his latest single, 'Falling'.

    An inquest into Carlone's death will be opened on Wednesday (19.02.20).

    The formal investigation will open at 10am at the Poplar Coroner's Court but is likely to then be adjourned for several weeks while the coroner gathers evidence such as toxicology and post-mortem test results.

    Caroline passed away just hours after learning she would face trial for an assault following an alleged fight with her boyfriend Lewis Burton - who she was subsequently banned from seeing - in December and her management team blasted the CPS for pressing ahead with the case.

    In a statement, Francis Ridley of Money Talent Management, said: "We are devastated at the loss of our client and friend Caroline Flack. An immensely talented young woman who was at the top of her game professionally and loved by television viewers across the country. In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported. The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events. The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline. Our thoughts are with Caroline's family at this time."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues
     22 Feb: Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem"
     22 Feb: Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight"
     22 Feb: Hilary Duff has taken up crocheting because she needed to "do something" with her hands after her concerts
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested - on his 66th birthday
     22 Feb: Jason Bateman ditched drink and drugs to ease the "tension" with his wife Amanda Anka
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber is "a lot more relaxed" as a mother than she thought she would be - and she wants another child
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year 14:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people have died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 14:47

    Entertainment:
    The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues 14:47

    General:
    Alisa Camplin-Warner calls for more funding after historic 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics 14:17

    Entertainment:
    Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem" 14:17

    Soccer:
    Wellington Phoenix football coach Giancarlo Italiano is stepping down with his head held high 14:07

    Entertainment:
    Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight" 13:47

    Cricket:
    The Black Caps are trying not to be upset at their T20 World Cup match against Pakistan being abandoned due to rain in Colombo 13:37

    Law and Order:
    Christchurch City Council says no previous complaints had been made about two dogs involved in an attack yesterday, that left three people injured 13:27

    Law and Order:
    A person's suffered moderate hand injuries, after a dog attack in Timaru's Andrew Street 13:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd