News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 3:13
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince William and Duchess Catherine paid tribute to the NHS on Sunday (05.07.20) with a visit to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn. Norfolk

    The royals celebrated the 72nd birthday of the NHS during the engagement, where they spoke to staff and volunteers and enjoyed afternoon tea with workers from across the hospital, which is located just 20 minutes away from their family home of Anmer Hall on the Royal Sandringham estate


    The couple shared a post about the visit on their Instagram page and wrote: "Today we mark the 72nd birthday of the NHS, in a year when it was needed more than ever as the nation responds to COVID-19.

    "Today, The Duke and Duchess visited the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn to thank staff for their efforts in helping their community.

    "Whether you are existing staff, former staff members who came out of retirement, volunteers or key workers - we thank you for the resilience, perseverance and hope you've shown our nation."

    During the visit - which was their first post-lockdown engagement together - they told volunteers and staff: "Everyone appreciates what you do. The NHS is a fantastic organisation."

    Queen Elizabeth Hospital will celebrate its own 40th anniversary on July 22, 2020 and Kensington Palace stated in a press release: "The Queen Elizabeth Hospital has been caring for patients since 1980 and currently serves a population of around 331,000 people from across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire."

    Catherine and William, both 38, have previously personally thanked NHS workers for the "incredible job" they have been doing to battle coronavirus.

    During the Covid-19 lockdown in April, the royal couple - who have Prince George, six, Princess Charlotte, five, and Prince Louis, two, together - spoke by phone with staff at Queen's Hospital Burton in Staffordshire and the University Hospital Monklands in North Lanarkshire to thank them for their hard work.

    Speaking in a recording, posted on the Kensington Royal Instagram account, the Duke of Cambridge shared: "We'd just like to say from the two of us how proud we are of all of you and how amazingly you are all doing under extreme circumstances. I know all of you will see this as your job and that you get on with it. But generally this is a different level and you guys are doing an incredible job. The whole country is proud of you, not just us, we really mean that, so thank you for everything you are doing and all the hours you are putting in."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Environment:
    Indonesia flood death toll climbs amid cyclone devastation 23:27

    International:
    Ukraine hits two Russian 'shadow fleet' oil tankers with naval drones in the Black Sea 23:27

    Politics:
    Labour Leader Chris Hipkins says its latest health policy addresses the most common barrier to starting up a GP clinic 21:57

    Environment:
    MetService has issued a strong wind watch overnight for Wellington and Canterbury 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things 21:08

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle 20:38

    Entertainment:
    Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal" 20:08

    Entertainment:
    Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye 19:38

    Entertainment:
    Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays 19:08

    Living & Travel:
    Biosecurity's escalating its effort to eradicate yellow-legged hornets, following continued detections on Auckland's North Shore 18:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd