News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 13:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    David Beckham has congratulated his son Brooklyn on his engagement

    The retired soccer star - who has 21-year-old son Brooklyn with his wife Victoria Beckham - said he was "so happy" for the aspiring photographer and his wife-to-be Nicola Peltz as they announced their special news


    Taking to Instagram, he wrote: "Congratulations to these two beautiful people ... As they begin this exciting journey together we are so so happy for you guys @brooklynbeckham @nicolaannepeltz @victoriabeckham (sic)"

    Meanwhile, Brooklyn and Nicola are reportedly set to have two weddings in 2021 and will have one ceremony in the UK and the other in Florida.

    A source said: "Everyone is delighted for them. Brooklyn has always looked up to his parents and grandparents, who have been married for a combined 70 years, and that's what he wants. David and Victoria are thrilled. They feel he has finally met a girl who is not after him for fame or money. In fact, her family wealth dwarfs the Beckhams. Victoria no longer needs to solely pay for a bodyguard or driver for Brooklyn, for example, because Nicola's dad Nelson is able to help take care of the security and drivers who are needed to keep them safe. Nicola and Brooklyn's parents met earlier this year. David and Victoria flew to Florida and stayed with Nelson and his wife Claudia.

    "They got on really well over dinner and are in regular contact. Traditionally, of course, the father of the bride pays for the wedding - but David and Victoria will definitely want to contribute in some way. It's too early to set a date, but they're aiming for the end of next summer or early autumn."

    Brooklyn and Nicola announced the happy news in sweet matching Instagram posts on Saturday afternoon (11.07.20).

    He wrote on Instagram: "Two weeks ago I asked my soulmate to marry me and she said yes xx I am the luckiest man in the world. I promise to be the best husband and the best daddy one day ... I love you baby xx (sic)"

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     30 Nov: Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit"
     30 Nov: Ted Danson had a near-death experience from glitter on the set of A Man on the Inside
     30 Nov: Beverly D'Angelo may have had a "bigger acting career" if she had focused less on her children when she had them aged 49
     30 Nov: Love Actually star Jill Freud has died at the age of 98
     30 Nov: Marianne Faithfull's personal diaries are going up for sale
     30 Nov: Catherine, Princess of Wales has insisted addiction is "not a choice"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies 13:08

    Living & Travel:
    Surfers set to pay to ride Fiji's world-class breaks after repeal of surf access law 13:07

    Law and Order:
    A man's been arrested after a gun shot was allegedly let off yesterday, near a popular Thames swimming hole 13:07

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 12:57

    Entertainment:
    Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit" 12:38

    Law and Order:
    KiwiRail's been fined more than 200-thousand-dollars, after a worker was nearly killed in a preventable fall in 2023 12:27

    Entertainment:
    Ted Danson had a near-death experience from glitter on the set of A Man on the Inside 12:08

    Golf:
    Kiwi golfer Ryan Fox is one-under par through six holes in his final round at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 11:57

    Politics:
    Labour leader Chris Hipkins is expected to rally supporters, MPs, and candidates in Auckland today - in an attempt to get the base ready for next year's election 11:57

    Motoring:
    Kiwi Formula One driver Liam Lawson doesn't rate his chances in tomorrow's Qatar Grand Prix 11:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd