News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 7:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Corden has been forced to film 'The Late Late Show' from home after a friend tested positive for Covid-19

    The 42-year-old comedian, who had a test himself which came back negative, explained why he took the precaution of hosting via Zoom with his team keeping a safe distance around him on Monday night's (14.09.20) show


    He told viewers: "Today I was told that I'd come into contact with someone who recently tested positive for Covid-19.

    "I've taken the test, that test has come back negative. Out of abundance of caution for everyone who works on the show, I'm going to host the show over Zoom way more than six feet apart from anyone but my face will still be here, in the studio."

    The host admitted he was gutted to have to film from home again like he did in quarantine, because he'd just started getting "into a rhythm" at the studio again.

    He added: "It's a shame, because I really feel like we were getting into a rhythm in the studio...

    "But the show must go on, and we are here and we are so happy that you're watching."

    Last month, Corden admitted it felt "odd" being back in the studio.

    The actor returned to a brand new set after 10 weeks of filming 'The Late Late Show' from his own home, and gave an update on the safety measures being taken amid the coronavirus pandemic.

    He said: "It's odd. We all get tested twice a week, we all have temperature checks, you are never not sanitising and you wear a mask all the time.

    "Most of the team [who] make the show are all working remotely on Zoom and stuff. But it does feel nice to leave the house for a second...

    "It was so isolating. Don't get me wrong - I preferred the commute to walk into my garage. But other than that, this feels way better."

    However, the talk show host acknowledged there was an "emptiness" in the new studio, with many staff members still working remotely and him having to interview guests remotely with no live audience.

    Commenting on the set redesign, he explained: "We built a studio with the safety guidelines that would [make it] the safest way to make a show in this room, with crew being far enough apart.

    "That's what we tried to do, and it was a long process of trying to get it to that point. We don't know how long it will be before guests can come and join us. We have no idea."

    Meanwhile, James also gave an update on the hugely popular 'Carpool Karaoke' segment as he admitted he's not sure if or when the skit can make a safe return.

    He added: "We haven't thought about it at all yet. I think it might have to wait.

    "Who knows how long, but we've done it like 50 times. I think it's okay to have a little break.”

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future
     21 Feb: All Saints stars Natalie Appleton and Nicole Appleton have revealed the truth behind their band's feud with rival '90s girl group the Spice Girls - they secretly were all friends
     20 Feb: President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama
     20 Feb: Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban
     20 Feb: Margot Robbie worried she was "dumb" after deciding against going to university
     20 Feb: Rose Byrne has joked she "drinks a lot of alcohol" to decompress after work
     20 Feb: Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    High hopes for one of the Hurricanes' newest recruits More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future 6:47

    Motoring:
    A dream start to 2026 after a disappointing end to 2025 for Supercars driver Broc Feeney 6:26

    Entertainment:
    All Saints stars Natalie Appleton and Nicole Appleton have revealed the truth behind their band's feud with rival '90s girl group the Spice Girls - they secretly were all friends 6:17

    Cricket:
    The Central Stags have posted a massive 211-run win over the Wellington Firebirds, to book their place against Canterbury in Sunday's one-day men's cricket final 21:57

    Entertainment:
    President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama 21:47

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban 21:17

    International:
    Donald Trump suggests decision on Iran likely within 10 to 15 days 21:17

    Golf:
    Ryan Fox is right in the mix after a fine four-under-par opening round of 67, at the latest PGA Tour event in Los Angeles 21:17

    National:
    Andrew’s arrest: will anything like this now happen in the US? Why hasn’t it so far? 21:07

    General:
    Kyra Wheatley ready to ride the chaos and speed of ski cross at Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics 21:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd