News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 16:38
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Safechuck has had his lawsuit against two of the late Michael Jackson's corporations dismissed

    The 42 year old - who accused the 'Thriller' hitmaker of abusing him from the age of 10 until he hit puberty - had made an attempt to sue MJJ Productions Inc. and MJJ Ventures Inc. over the alleged abuse but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Mark A. Young ruled earlier this week that he had not demonstrated that he has a relationship with the companies that would have required them to protect him from the star


    Jackson estate attorneys Howard Weitzman and Jonathan Steinsapir welcomed the ruling.

    They said in a statement:"We are pleased that the court dismissed Mr. Safechuck’s case by ruling that he had no grounds to pursue such a lawsuit."

    This is the second time James' case has been thrown out since in was filed in 2013.

    A judge dismissed it in 2017, but it was revived earlier this year after a new law was brought in in California which gave those who alleged childhood sexual abuse more time to file lawsuits.

    Wade Robson - who made similar allegations to James in documentary 'Leaving Neverland' - also had a similar lawsuit revived but no fresh ruling has been made on it as yet.

    Under the previous law in California, a trial judge threw out their cases because the statute of limitations required them to file the lawsuit before they turned 26, and at the time, Safechuck was 36 and Robson was 30.

    The pair's allegations were the subject of an award-winning documentary, 'Leaving Neverland', which was released last year.

    The duo claimed in the bombshell HBO film that they were abused by the late King of Pop when they joined him on tour as children.

    Robson alleged he was sexually abused by Michael from the age of seven until 14, while Safechuck claimed he was a victim from the age of 10 until he hit puberty.

    The Jackson estate has denied all allegations made against the singer and in August 2019, another documentary, 'Chase The Truth', was released to defend the 'Bad' singer against the claims.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Maya Hawke and Christian Lee Hutson have officially said "I do"
     18 Feb: Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime performance has been cleared of any broadcast violations following a review by the Federal Communications Commission
     18 Feb: Brooklyn Beckham has vowed to "forever protect" his wife Nicola Peltz-Beckham amid his feud with his parents
     18 Feb: Cynthia Erivo has addressed the "strange fascination" surrounding speculation that she and her Wicked co-star Ariana Grande are more than friends
     18 Feb: Amy Schumer created a "crying corner" on Valentine's Day (14.02.26) amid her divorce from Chris Fischer
     18 Feb: Snoop Dogg had an unexpected moment in Livigno, Italy, this week after his payment failed at a local restaurant - and he later repaid the gesture with Olympic tickets
     18 Feb: Sir Ian McKellen admits he "accepted that I'm not immortal" since his 2024 fall
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Leicester Fainga'anuku's been benched for Sunday's Super Rugby clash between the Crusaders and Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Reserve Bank's kept the Official Cash Rate unchanged at 2.25 percent More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    Leicester Fainga'anuku's been benched for Sunday's Super Rugby clash between the Crusaders and Brumbies in Christchurch 16:27

    International:
    Is it ever a good idea to stay together for the kids? 16:27

    Entertainment:
    Maya Hawke and Christian Lee Hutson have officially said "I do" 16:27

    Entertainment:
    Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime performance has been cleared of any broadcast violations following a review by the Federal Communications Commission 15:57

    Basketball:
    Bittersweet injury news for the Breakers ahead of their final regular season Australian basketball league game 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Brooklyn Beckham has vowed to "forever protect" his wife Nicola Peltz-Beckham amid his feud with his parents 15:27

    Business:
    The Reserve Bank's kept the Official Cash Rate unchanged at 2.25 percent 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cynthia Erivo has addressed the "strange fascination" surrounding speculation that she and her Wicked co-star Ariana Grande are more than friends 14:57

    Rugby League:
    Briton Nikora is the latest Kiwis international to put his hand up for State of Origin duty 14:47

    Entertainment:
    Amy Schumer created a "crying corner" on Valentine's Day (14.02.26) amid her divorce from Chris Fischer 14:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd