News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 8:20
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Bryan Adams has confirmed he is "symptomatic" of COVID-19 - but is "on the mend"

    The 'Heaven' hitmaker, 62, went to the hospital in Milan, Italy, after getting a second positive coronavirus test result, and later revealed he had been given an "anti-thrombosis shot" as a precaution, "until I test negative"


    Alongside a snap of a hospital staff member in scrubs, he wrote on

    Instagram: "Day two in Milan, and my thanks to all the kind nurses and doctors that have been looking after me. Thanks to @pirelli who have been incredibly supportive as this is the culmination of two years work together. Our calendar comes out next week! The shot I’m being given is anti thrombosis, it’s precautionary until I test negative. (sic)"

    And in his latest update on Saturday (27.11.21), the 'So Happy It Hurts'

    singer, who is back in his hotel room isolating, said: "Day three in Milano, thanks to all of you for your support during my Covid. I was symptomatic even though I had been vaccinated but I’m on the mend now.

    Even if I’m stuck in my room here in Milan..."

    Bryan - who has been in Milan for a presentation of the 2022 Pirelli Calendar, which he was enlisted to shoot - tested positive again just weeks after he was forced to pull out of his appearance at Tina Turner's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction after another positive result.

    Sharing photos on Instagram of himself at Milan Malpensa airport and in an ambulance, he wrote: "Here I am, just arrived in Milano, and I’ve tested positive for the second time in a month for Covid. So it’s off to the hospital for me. Thanks for all your support."

    The Canadian rock star-and-photographer was tasked with taking snaps of famous faces, also including Cher, Grimes, Jennifer Hudson, Iggy Pop, Normani, Saweetie, and St. Vincent, for the iconic calendar's upcoming edition titled 'On The Road'.

    And the 'Summer of '69' hitmaker will be taking part in a virtual online presentation of the calendar on November 29.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth
     17 Feb: Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95
     17 Feb: John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist"
     17 Feb: Margaret Qualley has described Jack Antonoff as her "person" in a rare comment about their marriage
     17 Feb: Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged
     16 Feb: Steven Spielberg has donated $25,000 to help James Van Der Beek's family
     16 Feb: Michelle Obama got 10 new ear piercings in one sitting
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come More...



     Today's News

    National:
    Play reduces stress and lifts wellbeing – and adults benefit as much as children do 8:07

    Environment:
    The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth 7:57

    Health & Safety:
    Fears that alcohol ads are influencing how children think about alcohol 7:57

    Business:
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come 7:57

    Entertainment:
    Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95 7:57

    International:
    How to decide what type of car insurance is best for you 7:37

    Law and Order:
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed 7:37

    Entertainment:
    John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist" 7:27

    Environment:
    Thousands of Wellingtonians could be without power until Wednesday 7:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd