News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 12:55
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Metropolitan Police says there is "nothing to indicate" that Taylor Swift's Eras Tour shows at Wembley Stadium will be impacted by the terror threat that forced the cancellation of her Vienna concerts

    The 34-year-old singer's gigs at the Ernst Happel Stadium were cancelled last week after two people were arrested in connection to a planned terrorist attack on the performances but officers in London have moved to ease concern ahead of Taylor's five-night stint at the venue that begins this coming Thursday (15.08.24)


    In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, The Metropolitan Police said: "There's nothing to indicate that the matters being investigated by the Austrian authorities will have an impact on upcoming events here in London.

    "(The city hosts) a significant number of very high profile events each year with millions of visitors having a safe and enjoyable experience."

    Officials explained that they will be working closely with security teams and "other partners" to ensure that the appropriate safety measures are in place for the much-anticipated gigs.

    The police force said: "As always, we will continue to keep any new information under careful review."

    Meanwhile, heartbroken Swifties who missed out on the Vienna shows have been given a special opportunity to see her 'Eras Tour' concert film.

    Disney partnered with cable station ORF to air their Disney+ film as a free TV premiere on Saturday (10.08.24) night while the streaming service have also offered a limited-time free seven-day trial of Disney+ Premium for fans there who want to stream the concert film from 10 August.

    The Vienna Tourist Board has taken to Instagram to share all the ways fans can enjoy the city in the wake of the cancelled concerts, including various free activities or discounted entries.

    Those who were unable to attend the show were invited to the Kristallwelten Swarovski store for a "crystal surprise", with fans revealing on social media that, after showing their unusable tickets, they were given a necklace from the brand with a variety of different charms, tucked into a bag.

    However, "due to overwhelming demand," the store ran out of the necklaces but still offered fans a special discount.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested - on his 66th birthday
     22 Feb: Jason Bateman ditched drink and drugs to ease the "tension" with his wife Amanda Anka
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber is "a lot more relaxed" as a mother than she thought she would be - and she wants another child
     22 Feb: Christy Carlson Romano has received a worrying result in a cancer screening after James Van Der Beek inspired her to get tested
     22 Feb: Reese Witherspoon has remembered Robert Duvall as a "wonderful gentleman" following his death
     22 Feb: Lindsey Vonn's beloved dog died just a day after her horror crash at the Winter Olympics
     22 Feb: Quinton Aaron is "feeling strong" and is "focused" on his recovery after suffering a spinal stroke
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    An injury blow for the Crusaders ahead of their home Super Rugby match against the Brumbies this afternoon More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    An injury blow for the Crusaders ahead of their home Super Rugby match against the Brumbies this afternoon 12:47

    Entertainment:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested - on his 66th birthday 12:47

    Entertainment:
    Jason Bateman ditched drink and drugs to ease the "tension" with his wife Amanda Anka 12:17

    Business:
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel 11:57

    International:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was the Queen's rumoured favourite. Did she do too much to protect him? 11:47

    Living & Travel:
    On the frontlines of Australia's fight against vaccine hesitancy 11:47

    Entertainment:
    Hailey Bieber is "a lot more relaxed" as a mother than she thought she would be - and she wants another child 11:47

    Education:
    Predator Jeffrey Epstein used promises of university scholarships and modelling contracts to lure victims 11:17

    Entertainment:
    Christy Carlson Romano has received a worrying result in a cancer screening after James Van Der Beek inspired her to get tested 11:17

    Health & Safety:
    Zebrafish might be crucial to creating treatments for lymphoedema  11:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd