News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 10:26
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ben Affleck has praised "spectacular" Jennifer Lopez

    The 52-year-old actor - whose estranged wife filed for divorce three months ago after just two years of marriage - and his friend Matt Damon's Artists Equity have produced the 55-year-old singer-and-actress' new movie 'Unstoppable', and despite their personal turmoil, the 'Accountant' star is still a fan of Jennifer's work


    Asked about the film's early positive reviews, Ben compared it to his other current project, the Cillian Murphy-starring 'Small Things Like These', and told 'Entertainment Tonight': "'Unstoppable' is a very different movie than this but in a way it's similarly rooted in the passion of really talented artists.

    "[Director] Billy Goldenberg and Jennifer [Lopez] and Don Cheadle and Jharrel [Jerome], and Bobby Cannavale, all were really passionate about this film...

    "Jennifer is spectacular.

    "['Unstoppable' is] another one that we're really really proud of. We believed in the right people [in 'Small Things Like These'] and 'Unstoppable' is another example of that."

    Last month, the 'Hustlers' actress admitted ending her marriage to Ben almost took her out "for good" but she doesn't regret her decision.

    Jennifer - who was previously married to Ojani Noa, Cris Judd, and Marc Anthony - told Nikki Glaser in a conversation for Interview magazine: "I was thinking about this time in my life, and I'm like, 'That's not what I thought it was going to turn out like.' And then I thought, 'No, this is exactly where I needed to be, to lead me to where I want to go.'"

    Asked if she doesn't regret the pain she went through, she added: "Not one second. That doesn't mean it didn't almost take me out for good. It almost did.

    "But now, on the other side of it, I think to myself, 'F***, that is exactly what I needed. Thank you, god. I'm sorry it took me so long. I'm sorry that you had to do this to me so many times. I should have learned it two or three times ago. I get it. You had to hit me really hard over the head with a f****** sledgehammer. You dropped the house on me. Don't have to do it again.' "

    The 'On the Floor' hitmaker - who didn't mention Ben by name throughout the interview - admitted it has been "f****** hard" being along and there are times she has felt "sad" and "desperate" but she knows she will be fine on her own.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie
     18 Feb: Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation
     18 Feb: James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death
     18 Feb: Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer
     18 Feb: Harry Styles "felt very alone" the first few times he performed on stage without One Direction
     18 Feb: Will Ferrell is desperately wanted for a guest star role on The Simpsons
     18 Feb: Will Smith gifted Jada Pinkett Smith life-size pillows of their blended family for Valentine's Day
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    England coach Steve Borthwick's responded to their Six Nations rugby defeat to Scotland by making three changes to his run-on side for Sunday's match with Ireland at Dublin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A sharp rise in food inflation could unfortunately be out of our control More...



     Today's News

    Politics:
    NZ is slowly slipping on the global corruption index. Is is time for an anti-corruption agency? 10:07

    Skiing:
    Aerials delay is not unusual, as snow causes chaos at Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics 10:07

    Law and Order:
    The 25-year-old Warkworth man who admitted possessing and distributing child sexual abuse material - worked at a bouncy castle hire company 10:07

    Entertainment:
    Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie 9:57

    Law and Order:
    Former Bulldogs winger Matt Utai is in a serious but stable condition after a drive-by shooting in Sydney 9:37

    Entertainment:
    Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation 9:27

    Law and Order:
    A jury's heard chilling new details of a North Canterbury man's final moments, in the trial of the man accused of shooting him 9:27

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer 8:27

    National:
    Intermittent fasting doesn’t have an edge for weight loss, but might still work for some 8:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd