News | Entertainment
16 Feb 2026 16:30
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Taylor Swift has been left "heartbroken" by the LA wildfires

    The 35-year-old pop megastar took to social media on Thursday (16.01.25) evening where she spoke of the "suffering and loss" that has been endured by so many over the last week amid the Pacific Palisades blaze, which has destroyed thousands of properties.


    She wrote on Instagram: "The fires in California have devastated so many families, and it's been heartbreaking to see these stories unfold.

    "So much suffering, loss, and destruction. As so many people embark on some of the most challenging times of their lives, there are also many amazing organizations and groups banding together to help these communities rebuild."

    The 'Anti-Hero' songstress concluded her statement by revealing that she has donated to several relief causes, and urged her followers to do the same if they are able.

    It is not clear just how much Taylor - who was a net worth of over $1billion - donated to the cause, but Direct Relief and Habitat for Humanity confirmed to Rolling Stone that the pop star had "made a generous donation" and that the organisation is "truly making a meaningful impact" thanks to the help of others.

    Taylor is just one of many famous faces to have donated to the cause, including Oscar-winner Leonardo DiCaprio, who revealed on Instagram that he had "committed $1 million to the Rapid Response Program" amid the tragedy.

    What's more, 'Freaky Friday' star Jamie Lee Curtis and her husband Christopher Guest donated the same amount to victims, whilst Paris Hilton kickstarted a campaign with $100,000 dollars after her own mansion was lost in the blaze.

    John Goodman - who is known for his roles in 'The Flintstones' and 'Roseanne' - has also seen his home destroyed in the wildfires as his Pacific Palisades property was in the path of the main blaze.

    Sir Anthony Hopkins' home is also gone, according to pictures, whilst 'Top Gun: Maverick' star Miles Teller and his wife Keleigh also saw their $7.5million mansion, which they bought in April 2023, wiped out.

    Nothing remains of Billy Crystal's sprawling home beyond his tennis courts - which were virtually unmarked despite his house lying in ruins beside the green grounds.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     16 Feb: Madison Beer doesn't worry about chart success
     16 Feb: DNA recovered from glove found near Guthrie home that appears to match suspect's glove, FBI says
     15 Feb: Heather McComb will remember James Van Der Beek as being "innocent, kind and pure of heart"
     15 Feb: Margaret Qualley felt "overwhelmed" when she began her acting career
     15 Feb: Bunnie Xo has been wowed by Jelly Roll's 300-lb. weight loss
     15 Feb: Jesy Nelson no longer has "time" to make music
     15 Feb: Lena Dunham replaced her friends with a "posse" of cats after moving to London
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Let's go to Livigno... and qualifying for the freeski big air More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    More evidence of an improving economy - from the amount of freight hitting our roads More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    State of Origin might be coming to New Zealand but a change in timeslot won't be coming with it 16:17

    Entertainment:
    Madison Beer doesn't worry about chart success 15:57

    Health & Safety:
    A prisoner with a burst appendix claimed she was told to ride out painful and worsening symptoms - a nurse said was just a stomach bug 15:27

    Environment:
    Raw sewage is once again being pumped into the sea close to Wellington's southern shoreline, as heavy rain lashes the capital 14:57

    Business:
    More evidence of an improving economy - from the amount of freight hitting our roads 14:07

    Politics:
    Who has most access to the top? What 5 years of transport ministers’ diaries reveal 14:07

    Business:
    Potential for cost-cutting in the 1.8 billion dollar Interislander replacement plan 13:47

    Business:
    The housing market may be yet to turn a corner 13:27

    Business:
    Strong signs of economic turnaround from the latest half-year results 13:07

    Business:
    Retailers remain cautious despite a bump in card spending over the New Year period 12:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd