News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 10:49
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Conan O'Brien's house has survived the ongoing Los Angeles wildfires

    The television host, 61, told fans during the Monday (20.01.25) episode of his 'Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend' podcast his property was not damaged despite his family being evacuated as the infernos blazed


    Conan added he was in a meeting with writers to discuss his upcoming gig as the host of the 2025 Oscars when he got a call from his wife Liza about seeing "some smoke" on the horizon.

    He said: "I remember thinking, 'Well, we've been through this before - we've been evacuated. There's also been smoke and we haven't been evacuated'.

    "It's part of life in LA, so I wasn't thinking that much about it."

    He added about how Liza called to tell him that they were evacuated: "And so I went from here to, whatever, we went to a hotel, and I went to sleep that night thinking, 'I'm pretty sure that our house will go', and it did not."

    Conan admitted the number of people he knows who did lose their homes in the blazes was "stunning".

    More than 80,000 people have been displaced as a result of the fires, including celebrities Billy Crystal, Leighton Meester and Adam Brody, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Joshua Jackson, Anna Faris, Ricki Lake, Cary Elwes, Cameron Mathison, Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag.

    Conan previously shared a photo of himself standing in front of a Redondo Beach fire truck with four firefighters on Instagram and expressed his appreciation for their work during the fires.

    He captioned the post: "Just ran into these heroes in my neighbourhood. Thank you to them and all the brave firefighters who have been working tirelessly to keep us safe."

    Celebrities including Jamie Lee Curtis have donated huge amounts of their showbiz fortunes to the wildfire recovery effort, while others such as Paris Hilton have urged people to take in stranded pets and neighbours.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left
     18 Feb: Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie
     18 Feb: Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation
     18 Feb: James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death
     18 Feb: Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer
     18 Feb: Harry Styles "felt very alone" the first few times he performed on stage without One Direction
     18 Feb: Will Ferrell is desperately wanted for a guest star role on The Simpsons
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    England coach Steve Borthwick's responded to their Six Nations rugby defeat to Scotland by making three changes to his run-on side for Sunday's match with Ireland at Dublin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A sharp rise in food inflation could unfortunately be out of our control More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left 10:27

    International:
    Former NASA engineer warns about heat shield on Artemis II moon mission 10:27

    Law and Order:
    Canterbury Police are investigating after a man reportedly exposed himself indecently in Rolleston - and may have done so more than once 10:27

    Politics:
    NZ is slowly slipping on the global corruption index. Is is time for an anti-corruption agency? 10:07

    Skiing:
    Aerials delay is not unusual, as snow causes chaos at Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics 10:07

    Law and Order:
    The 25-year-old Warkworth man who admitted possessing and distributing child sexual abuse material - worked at a bouncy castle hire company 10:07

    Entertainment:
    Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie 9:57

    Law and Order:
    Former Bulldogs winger Matt Utai is in a serious but stable condition after a drive-by shooting in Sydney 9:37

    Entertainment:
    Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation 9:27

    Law and Order:
    A jury's heard chilling new details of a North Canterbury man's final moments, in the trial of the man accused of shooting him 9:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd