News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 13:28
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Justin Baldoni has admitted to feeling "exhausted" from a year of "emotional stress" ahead of his legal battle with his 'It Ends With Us' co-star Blake Lively

    The 41-year-old actor and director completed filming on the movie in early 2024 and started a press tour in August, and after fans noted Blake, 37, did not participate in interviews with him or attend the film's premiere, the 'Gossip Girl' star filed a sexual harassment complaint against Justin alleging he and his agents conducted a smear campaign against her


    Justin has now spoken about his struggles amid the legal fight in an episode of the 'Gent's Talk' podcast, which was recorded in November 2024 but only released on Monday. (10.02.25)

    Justin recalled messaging his best friend and the president of his production company, Wayfarer Studios, to share his concerns about his mental health during the show, saying: "I told them that I wasn't in the best place. I told them that I was exhausted, that I haven't given myself time to recover or time to heal.

    "I had an intense year - a lot of material success and a lot of emotional stress. It was very hard on me and my family."

    Justin added he was experiencing anxiety, difficulty sleeping, and did not feel like his "full self".

    He went on: "I love the people who work for us. I love the movies we make. I love the impact we have, and yet, sometimes it's easy to... fall back into our programming and be swept away by the current of self and be kind of overtaken by the wave of success and opportunity."

    The New York Times reported Blake's complaint against him included claims that higher-ups on the production had an "all-hands" meeting instructing the filmmaker not to show Blake "nude videos or images of women" or discuss her weight.

    Later that month, the actress filed a lawsuit accusing Justin of sexual harassment, retaliation, emotional distress, and invasion of privacy.

    He denied the allegations and subsequently sued the Times for libel.

    His lawsuit stated: "The Times story relied almost entirely on Lively's unverified and self-serving narrative, lifting it nearly verbatim while disregarding an abundance of evidence that contradicted her claims and exposed her true motives."

    The Times defended its reporting, telling Page Six: "(Our story) was based on a review of thousands of pages of original documents, including the text messages and emails that we quote accurately and at length in the article."

    In January, Justin filed another lawsuit, seeking $400 million in damages from Blake and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, who was present for a key script meeting about the film.

    The actor has since made multiple attempts to defend his reputation, including releasing behind-the-scenes footage of him and Blake dancing on set and launching a website with their alleged text messages.

    His attorney, Bryan Freedman, stated Justin has been "devastated financially and emotionally" by the legal battle.

    The lawsuits are scheduled to go to trial in March 2026.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     29 Nov: Beyoncé hit the track with Sir Lewis Hamilton for a 200mph hot lap at the 2025 Formula 1 Heineken Las Vegas Grand Prix
     29 Nov: True Whitaker manifested her own acting career with crystals and her dad Forest's Emmy Award
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07

    Basketball:
    A glass half full mindset for the Tall Blacks basketballers after letting a chance slip for a rare victory over their Australian counterparts 13:07

    Politics:
    Imran Khan's son and political allies concerned about his health amid block on prison visits 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year 12:38

    Business:
    A global shortage of beef could be playing a key role in skyrocketing domestic mince prices 12:26

    Entertainment:
    Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week 12:08

    Business:
    Research could be the key for shoppers who actually want to get a deal this Black Friday weekend 11:56


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd