News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 13:14
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Britney Spears' ex-husband is set for trial after allegedly breaking into her home before her wedding to Sam Asghari

    The 'Toxic' hitmaker's ex Jason Alexander has been charged with felony stalking, as well as trespassing and refusing to leave private property, vandalism and battery, while he has pleaded not guilty to all charges


    Ventura County Judge David R. Worley ruled in a preliminary hearing that there is enough evidence against him on the felony stalking charge to hold him and take the charges to trial.

    His bail has been set at $100,000, and he is set to appear in court again on July 12, while Alexander - who Britney she married in Las Vegas in 2004 for just 55 hours before they had their union annulled - has been banned from contacting Britney through any form of communication, including calls, texts or social media.

    During the hearing on Monday (27.06.22), security guard Richard N.

    Eubeler claimed that Alexander tried to get through her locked bedroom door on her wedding Day.

    He testified: "He started reaching into his right pocket... I drew my weapon and held it to my chest."

    Eubeler added that Alexander went into the property's game room and he followed him, shutting the door behind them.

    He added: "He was just yelling for Britney. He said, 'F*** it. I'm going back inside the way I came.' "

    He claimed Alexander broke a handle to a door Eubeler was holding shut with his foot.

    Judge Worley said: "It's been established that he appears to be a continuing threat given the efforts he went through to insert himself into this event."

    Britney was previously granted a protective order against her ex-husband, which has now been extended to June 13, 2025.

    Britney's attorney, Mathew Rosengart, confirmed an Emergency Protective Order (EPO) - which typically lasts seven to 10 days - had been put in place.

    He told Billboard: "I thank the Ventura County Sheriff's Office for their good work. This was an outrageous and disgraceful security breach and I hope law enforcement does everything possible to ensure Mr.

    Alexander is fully and vigorously prosecuted and convicted for his criminal actions."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Travis Kelce feels emotional about the prospect of the Kansas City Chiefs moving from their current stadium
     17 Feb: Jane Fonda lies in bed imagining what she would say to President Donald Trump
     17 Feb: Kaley Cuoco's fiancé Tom Pelphrey has never watched her hit sitcom The Big Bang Theory
     17 Feb: Jo Wood has decided to stay single for now after failing to find a suitable man on dating apps
     17 Feb: Lucy Hale has sparked engagement rumours after she was spotted wearing a ring on her left hand during a recent coffee date with Phillip Lopez in Los Angeles
     17 Feb: Margot Robbie would've "risked it all" for Lord of Rings character Aragon during her teenage years
     17 Feb: Iran's state TV airs 'forced confessions' of 'scapegoats' whose families fear could face execution
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Irish rugby to investigate racial abuse towards Test debutant Edwin Edogbo More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    This week marks the anniversary of New Zealand's first frozen lamb shipment to the UK, 144 years ago More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    Beyond the beaches, Wellington’s catastrophic sewage spill could be bad news for coastal ecosystems 13:07

    Environment:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Eileen Gu medals despite blizzard, Ilia Malinin breaks his silence — day 10 quick hits 13:07

    Rugby League:
    The Breakers' disappointing Australian basketball league season might still result in individual accolades 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Travis Kelce feels emotional about the prospect of the Kansas City Chiefs moving from their current stadium 12:57

    Entertainment:
    Jane Fonda lies in bed imagining what she would say to President Donald Trump 12:27

    Law and Order:
    Three people ended up in Dunedin hospital on Saturday - in varying states of consciousness, hit in the head by thrown objects at a party on Castle Street 12:27

    Soccer:
    A deflating exit for the most unlikely team to feature in the fourth round of English football's FA Cup 12:07

    Entertainment:
    Kaley Cuoco's fiancé Tom Pelphrey has never watched her hit sitcom The Big Bang Theory 11:57

    Business:
    This week marks the anniversary of New Zealand's first frozen lamb shipment to the UK, 144 years ago 11:57

    Entertainment:
    Jo Wood has decided to stay single for now after failing to find a suitable man on dating apps 11:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd